CazzaVR

The definitive "What Air Filter?" discussion thread

It's tax rebate time soon . I was thinking of getting one of these Jake . They are expensive are they really worth it ?.

Since when have the BMC CDA induction kit been £200 :scratch: can't find any for the price they used to be at

for quite a while m8 - im sure they were around that price a couple of years ago when stealth did my rebuild & fitted one

It's tax rebate time soon . I was thinking of getting one of these Jake . They are expensive are they really worth it ?.

it depends if you want the sound they produce Rob

they really do let the engine speak after around 3.5k revs

i love mine!

coupled with the longlife 2.5" exhaust the noise my VR makes through the revs goes from a low exhaust grumble to a grunting exhaust & as i hit about 4k upwards the sound shifts to the front & the BMC growls a good un!

with the OE exhaust you go the full growl to howl out of the BMC - the noise they make at 5-6k revs is addictive m8 :D

coupled with SP263's, the BMC helped my remap make 10% gains too

IIRC if you get it from stealth they will also get the small hose which is need to connect it to the MAF

if you were closer id give you a run in the VR so you could hear yourself but there are 2 videos on my build thread but they capture more of the exhuast

Rob, you're more than welcome to borrow mine for a little while to get a fell for it in various driving conditions. I won't be using it for a while!

Yeah they make hell of a sound

ive just bought a BMC cda from a chap on the forum he used it for 600 miles, I heard there's a bolt hole on the tensioner guide, has anyone fitted it to there is it a secure fit.

Regards

Marc

ive just bought a BMC cda from a chap on the forum he used it for 600 miles, I heard there's a bolt hole on the tensioner guide, has anyone fitted it to there is it a secure fit.

Regards

Marc

I used one of the existing bolts on the tensioner to secure an L shaped bracket to the BMC bracket. No issues to report after fitting over 10 years ago.