KIPVW

Kip's Members Thread

Yeh but it was Chris that was giving him the cuddle LOL

very polite way of calling me a w@nk3r? :lol:

Thanks Chaps it really is much appreciated, i'll be back on it soon though giving it large lol! and more pics will follow no doubt.

Not much for a day or so but stripped all the bits off the rear beam tonight ready for removal tomorrow then it'll be a flap wheel frenzy Wheeeeeee! :)

Keep up the good work Kip, you are an example to us all, will be so worth it when completed.

Took me a while to work those pics out!! looks fantastic what your doing Paul.

My daughter actually asked me today "who's is the best corrado in England"!!

Well today was rear beam off day lol! that came off reasonably well but by jingo them compensators are a complete pain to remove :/ what a challenge.

Also the rear bolt holding the damper to the beam on one side was completely fused in so a bit of hacksaw action saw that removed :)

Will get on it all with Mr Flappy this week before going to the coaters.

Big thanks to my best mate Rich for coming over for a play too! Payment is a set of koni top adjustables in good condition and one carefull owner :lol:

Looking good mate, I'll be keeping an eye on this one :)

Out of interest, how did you mark the location of the beam brackets to ensure they go back correctly? I had the same trouble with my bias valve. I ended up just cutting it off and opting for a manually adjustable one in the end.

I didn't really mark it to be honest as there are imprints still on the floor sections where the brackets go so i'll get it back as close as I can when i re-fit it all. Hope it lines up ok, dont want it crabbing sideways :lol:

I feel your toil. The rear compensator is an absolute monkey. With absolute blind determination I managed to remove mine to a state where I can re-use it. I doubt a paid mechanic would have had the time or patience to follow suit.

From the looks of it you'rs wasn't quite so lucky.

Good little update.

Ha Ha, no way was i gonna reuse it for the sake of £60 for a new one mate, it was no damage limitation day on that baby today :lol: took about 2 hours messing with the bloody thing so just drilled it to look like a lump of sewiss cheese then off it fell :lol:

I feel your pain too. The rear beam would be easy to remove and strip if there were no compensator and no bushes, no bolts and no stub axles :)

Enjoying the progress though.

Jay

I took a junior hacksaw to the compensator on mine, between it and the bracket. Realised why I was having a difficult time of it when it finally came free and the saw blade had sliced into the compensator body rather than between the two parts!

I wasn't planning to remove the brackets but had to take off the nearside one to drill out the old bolts and retap the threads. While I'd marked its position with some Tip-Ex I found it necessary to relocate both the brackets as wide apart as possible to account for the new poly bushes. Even without the wheels being realigned the handling seems OK so far.

Are you not coming to Stanford Hall at all, Kip?

Good stuff. Are you making a weekend of it or driving down on Sunday?

We used to stay over Sat & Sunday nights but have gone for a cost cutting Sunday night only.

It's a long day and past experiences has shown that driving back is a bit too far. Had to take Monday as holiday now though.

Well the last few days have been a little more relaxed so to speak having given up trying to get it done for this weekend :)

That has meant i've had some quality time with the drill and Mr Flappy, about 10 hours in fact :lol: on wed's my day off i had 6 or so hours with various drill attachments getting all the metal work ready to take for blasting and coating, hope the results make it worthwhile as i was knackerd from it on wed's evening. talk about vibration white finger my hands were bloody numb :lol:

Hope to drop this lot off next week sometime.

Hi Kip

the cup shaped metal bit on the rear beam is that the remains of the rear bush or is that still part of the beam structure itself ?

Good effort, but why are you flap wheeling it all when you are getting it all blasted anyway? It it to remove rust pitting?

Jay

Hi Kip

the cup shaped metal bit on the rear beam is that the remains of the rear bush or is that still part of the beam structure itself ?

Pretty sure that is the remains of the old bush.

Despite which, great work Kip. Love the dedication.

Yep as stuey says, best to leave the outer sleeve of the old bush in then simply chop it out with 2 saw cuts once all coated :)

Jay, yeah i know but it just helps to improve the finish a little bit further as i found out by doing the same with the subframe and wishbones etc, just takes some of the pitting out too.