KIPVW

Kip's Members Thread

Few more :)

Off to work now for a rest :lol:

Edited by KIPVW

1st pic in that last set is my favourite. I think we were all VERY glad that the thing was bolted on.

(pity there was almost another 2 hours work still to go!)

Everything of yours looks so fresh and mint condition :lol:

I am struggling to clean up my engine bay and think i've done well until i see yours :(

I am struggling to clean up my engine bay and think i've done well until i see yours :(

I feel very inadequate when I look at Kips engine bay... but I can't get my head round removing half the contents, including the gear box, to clean and/or replace bits which is what has been going on in this one.

I feel very inadequate when I look at Kips engine bay... but I can't get my head round removing half the contents, including the gear box, to clean and/or replace bits which is what has been going on in this one.

Bet it`s like corrado top trumps in your house......

Everything of yours looks so fresh and mint condition :lol:

You aint kidding mate.... I came away cleaner than when I arrived!! :D

Keep it up Kippax!! :lol:

will be better than from the factory when you're finished Kip. Shame i dont come up to Sheffield any more, would love to see this.

will be better than from the factory when you're finished Kip. Shame i dont come up to Sheffield any more, would love to see this.

Thats a shame Hasan, drop me a line if you do ever come up and we could meet up :)

Not much progress last night as I was too tired but refitted the refurbished power steering pipe. What a pain| just couldn't get the threads to line up but on my last attempt it gave in.

Wish i'd fitted it before bolting it to the rack but there you go another lesson :lol:

Just also fitted some of the white plastic brake line clips this morning as that's been keeping me awake wondering if they were going to clip into them without damaging the new lines Alex made, luckily they popped straight in with little effort. Gave them a little coat of wax though for protection, as you do :)

The last picture, late at night with the lights on for me sums up Corrado ownership. Hands dirty with the car on axle stands, standing back, basking in the knowledge that you fixed it.

But I digress. New brake fluid reservoir. Obsolete at VW. Please oh shiny parts oracle, share your sourcing secrets with us all ?

lol! indeed James, wow i didn't know that was obsolete :( i bought it off someone on here about 2 years ago i'm afraid knowing that one day i'd be changing it.

Loooking lovely there kip nice to see your apending your time well and I see you had an apprentice there too!

Lol! he didn't stay long as had to get back for a cuddle, soppy git :lol:

But yeah really loving what i've dont so far and i've learnt so much too, a few things i'm not looking forward to though like bleeding up the whole system once all the pipes are on but i'lltry before taking it to a local garage i trust :)

Lol! he didn't stay long as had to get back for a cuddle, soppy git :lol:

Yeh but it was Chris that was giving him the cuddle LOL

well fitted the drive shafts tonight and torqued up all the engine mountings, must remember to torque up the drive shaft bolts too so left myself a note :)

Then started to rebuild the suspension but hit a stumbling block so cant finish them Grrrr! was hoping to have the front wheels on tomorrow too so i could whip the beam off but alas it doesn't look like that'll happen now. :(

Few pics then, excuse the bubble wrap on the shafts but that aint coming off just yet :lol:

Well got the right spring top plateeventually and now fitted the front dampers back on along with the newly refurbished hubs :)

Looks great if i may say so myself, then started taking off the front section to get the rad support done too. will get this all flap wheeled then sent for blasting & coating to the finish of the subframe.

Had fun putting the colour spots on the springs too lol!

One thing that came to me this evening though is that i have had to admit defeat and tell myself Stanford hall is a no go this year :( gutted is not the word to be honest but i have so many jobs to do i have to also be realistic. I like my time with the VR to be enjoyment and it hasn't been that at all so gonna slow right down now and just take my time to get the results i want rather than just rush it all together for the show.

Some more pics then :)

I like my time with ?????? to be enjoyment and it hasn't been that at all so gonna slow right down now and just take my time to get the results i want rather than just rush it all together.

Insert the correct name here! :) LOL

Edited by Butterfly

As the late Roy castle used to say "Dedication" And you have that for sure kip.. Looking good...

Top work and it will deserve all the praise it receives.... makes me want another corrado