Sign in to follow this  
vr6virgin

24v renshaws car

wow it does look amazing haha makes me laff how every1 seems to no renshaw is he a corrado legend!

mind you if i was renshaw i would be pissed off at sum1 parading my hard work around as theres unless they no

I probably know him better than most as I lived only a mile away from him in Bournemouth while he bought and built the car.

It *is* a cracking car, but read my post on P1 if you haven't already.

Its a stunning & well engineered corrado.. people are always going to try & change a well known car on the show circuit to make it there own.. personally it looked its best when Jay owned it...

Its a stunning & well engineered corrado.. people are always going to try & change a well known car on the show circuit to make it there own.. personally it looked its best when Jay owned it...

Indeed it did mate, i remember seeing it at edition with the corvette wheels on for the first time, looked chuffin awsome!

And he gave me some of the rubbers that sit under the wing mirrors free from a box of bits he was selling :clap:

And i guess yes Jay is a Corrado legend :notworthy: as well as the mighty mr munyard too :lol: :clap:

dont think the smoothed bumper looks bad or the wheels but not a fan of the exhaust!

Imo the only thing stopping people keeping this car is the fact they probably havent got a second sh*te car to run, as when I had my first corrado which was no where near this standard even though i thought it was in good nick I used to hate taking it anywhere unless i knew i was coming back home, so i brought a crappy ford fiesta to run at the same time.

I think your being very critical to the new owner, as alot of the new show goers or veedubbers wont know this was jays car only the die hard fans, and as with any car.......... you buy it because you want not because of what someone has done it the past and to say it'll never really be yours is just stupid when the V5 turns up its yours, but i will say it was an awesome build and all compliments go to jay and let the new owners enjoy it as much as he did,

But as for fixing it, again your point is a bit strong, the 24v engine isnt that complex that a good independent wouldnt be able to care for then all the suspension brakes etc could be done by someone with a reasonable amount of knowledge of vag cars,

:lol: Not you Andy someone called PJ :lol:

oi,less of the pj :lol: :lol:

i'm still very much in talks about a TT,but ya never know,if that fails i could be tempted,already been in touch we the seller,just a shame its so far away :(

:lol: Not you Andy someone called PJ :lol:

oi,less of the pj :lol: :lol:

i'm still very much in talks about a TT,but ya never know,if that fails i could be tempted,already been in touch we the seller,just a shame its so far away :(

I'm in Northern Ireland mate, so if I can help in anyway give me a shout :wave:

Sold to someone on E38 - wonder what the future holds for it now

Yup VickN, Came back on the Ferry Sunday, and he knows Jay as well so we'll get to see this... a lot I would guess...

How chuffed will he be to open the Curtains and see that on his drive?

I just don't get the fascination with who's currently owning and doing what to Renshaw's old car :shrug:

Would be the same if you sold yours mate :p but instead of saying things like "Oh my god they've put parking sensors on it" we will be saying "Oh my god they've put a cheap manifold on it, dont they know Kev's car hates manifolds and it will just crack!!" :lol: