Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

Heated Washer jets??

My hand-books in storage so thought I'd ask here...

Does the Rado have heated washerjets? if so how do they work? Off the heated screen switch like the mirrors?

Mine have wiring running to the jet bodies under the bonnet (alongside the pipes) but they didn't defrost today on an hour and a half trip round the M25.. I was resorting to opening the sunroof in traffic and pouring water onto the screen to clean off the salt on my windscreen. Mind you the car still had frost on it at the end of the trip too! :shock:

Any advice would be most welcome..

Yes they do, the problem is that the wires get very corroded. give yours a slight tug and i'm sure they come crumbling out!

I think they're around £15 each from the dealers though, compare for £2 - £3 each from non heated.......mine are knackered but i've been using the VW washer fluid recently and haven't had a problem with them freezing up yet!

Are you sure they're not blocked?

Nope I spent 10 mins on each with a long pin a couple weeks ago as I hadn't used them all summer..

yea they are on the same switch as the HRW. Ive been using the halfords screen wash that you dilute yourself in the white 1 liter bottle mixed about 1 part wash to 15 parts water and not had any probs with freezing washers and car said it was -8 this morning!

Yeah think I need to top up the old apple screen wash then! (yeah sounds gay but I hate the smell of screen wash, so it's marginally better!)

Will have a poke about with the multi-meter at the weekend too

Yep, All Corrado's have heated jets as new but you'll be lucky of you still have a working original pair now - easiest way to find out is to stick a multimetre accross them...

As above tho, you don't really need them in the country and i've changed mine for standard ones and always use the VAG screenwash as it's cheaper and much better than anything else - never had one freeze up yet!

the corroded contacts in the washer jets can be replaced with the flat pins from a scart plug, it takes about 5 minutes per side to sort out.

the corroded contacts in the washer jets can be replaced with the flat pins from a scart plug, it takes about 5 minutes per side to sort out.

or the negative pin from another bust heated washer jet, it always seems to be the positive side that corrodes.

Jon i've had mine out the whole time for you to pick them up!! They're just in the box - help yourself! naturally i have no holes for mine to go in anymore!!