Sign in to follow this  
CADman

Roof Rack?

Hi All, hows your C? ;)

Well this might not sound too good for most of you, but I am looking to buy a roof rakck to fit the C.

Any advice chaps? cheers

Yep, thule, and it costs a fortune!! I priced it up at Halfords once as I needed to carry three mountain bikes. You need 4 x feet, some special 'short roof' adapter kit and the 2 rails.....plus, in my case, 3 cycle carriers. It would have come to about £300 in total. So I bought a normal hatch carrier instead, and chipped some paint off the spoiler :?

Kev

Don't do it...the short roof adapter is sh*te. I had one and as you tighten it, it slips and prags the roof (a very bad design). It was a real nightmare...be warned :cry:

Thanks for the warning! I won't be going down that road then..... VAGs own rack has naturally been discontinued but I think theirs was thule anyway.

Kev

VAG's own rack is VAG, Thule racks are totally different. VW's roof racks are still using the same clamps so the chance are one of them will fit.

Used my OEM rack for the first time last wednesday!! 8)