Sign in to follow this  
The_Dude

VR6 quick update and stories of woe :(

What's the spec now then??

V9, 263s and some naff looking backbox.

2nd gear is scary but fun, 1st is over way too quickly!

No charge cooling or water injection? That's really good power :)

No charge cooling or water injection? That's really good power :)

Indeedy. 8) The 263s and the man from Stealthmonte might have something to do with it. Water injection is coming soon.

Lovely! I hope to see this in the flesh one day 8)

You only live 5 miles away you lazy git! :lol:

Anyway, its what inside that counts. That and she is in desperate need of a clean.

Lovely! I hope to see this in the flesh one day 8)

You only live 5 miles away you lazy git! :lol:

Anyway, its what inside that counts. That and she is in desperate need of a clean.

So do you! :lol: Come down to Croydzzz! We can pester Surrey beds VR6, saw him the other day and waved excitedly..he looked at me as if i was :cuckoo: :lol:

Wow some really good power there!

So what's it like to drive about in London though?

If you can come over to e-London meets and we should catch up!

Wow some really good power there!

So what's it like to drive about in London though?

If you can come over to e-London meets and we should catch up!

Not so bad as long the pedal on the right stays vertical. Just don't boot it. :D Actually, its more painful with the 18s and weitecs - no cushioning. :shaking:

Besides I live in deepest darkest south London and rarely drive further in, its pointless given traffic jams, c-charge and the amazing public transport system.

Give us a shout about some meets.

:bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:

DSC00029.jpg

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I can only get 3rd & 4th so I'm stuck till I can get to VW.

With all that torque, only having 3rd and 4th shouldn't be too much of a problem! :nuts: :lol:

Lovely looking car Jim, don't know why I hadn't seen this thread before today :shrug: Hope your gearbox woes are sorted soon :wink:

With all that torque, only having 3rd and 4th shouldn't be too much of a problem! :nuts: :lol:

Lovely looking car Jim, don't know why I hadn't seen this thread before today :shrug: Hope your gearbox woes are sorted soon :wink:

Haha, it would be if I wasn't now 6 inches from the car infront! I can't move till he does.

You are welcome to take her for a quick spin one day for all your help.

Haha, it would be if I wasn't now 6 inches from the car infront! I can't move till he does.

:o :crazyeyes: :shock: :shocked!: :nuts: :norty: :grin: :clap: :dance: :bonk: :twisted: :bday: :compress: :joker2: :salute: :notworthy: :thumbleft:

You're on.

:o :crazyeyes: :shock: :shocked!: :nuts: :norty: :grin: :clap: :dance: :bonk: :twisted: :bday: :compress: :joker2: :salute: :notworthy: :thumbleft:

You're on.

Well, ya did help a lot with pics and stuff when most would have just provided a link to a topic, not that I have a problem with that at all, but its nice to know someone is looking at their car at the same time as you are to help diagnose the problem.

Of course I will have to see how you drive first, no crazy lunatics please! :wink: (though it is hard not to be a bit crazy with those figures :grin: )

Now I just have to look down the back of the sofa for some cash to buy a new part.....edit - Fixed for the princely sum of a tenner.

Might as well post a few pics I took about a month back, though I have changed the rears back to standard since then.

Banstead11.jpg

Banstead12.jpg

Banstead6-1.jpg

Banstead5.jpg

I was so close to being home too. :censored:

It wouldn't rev and was misfiring and then wouldn't start. Curses.

DSC00055-1.jpg

Which led to the rudest AA man ever. He took one look under the bonnet and said "I'm not f*cking touching that" and then proceeded to call a tow truck and take the piss out of my car and be generally insulting. What a tosser who made me even more angry.

DSC00053-1.jpg

Which then led to the lowloader coming along, which was fine until we were just about to get my car off the truck when he kills his air compressor control unit by driving into a bollard! "Oh I didn't see that." Muppet. So he is stuck, unable to move or unload my car and he has to call another truck so they can mate at the back, roll my car onto the other one and then unload from that one. This actually put me in a slightly better mood as I found it quite amusing. But I wasn't going to stick around as I was late for meeting a lady so I left him to it.

Oh yeah, and I spilt oil all down my brand new jeans so it wasn't the best day ever. :bad-words:

DSC00057-1.jpg

At least the AA picked you up. They effectively told me to f'ck off and call my insurance company when a rock on the motorway mangled my back wheel. So I had to nurse the car home 14 miles with a square wheel.

Needless to say, the next day I told the AA where they can stick their overpriced recovery service.

Bad poo about your engine problem. Hope you get it sorted.

Seems to be a spate of Corrados throwing tantrums at the moment :?

On the plus side, it looks nice in the pics....

Hope you get her sorted ok. Guess the other "issue" you had was resolved easily?

On the plus side, it looks nice in the pics....

Hope you get her sorted ok. Guess the other "issue" you had was resolved easily?

Yeah, FOC. Mistakes happen but now I need to clean all the oil off the underside, its caked on there. Tbh they should have checked it first as there was about 10 mm clearance when stationary.

At least the AA picked you up. They effectively told me to f'ck off and call my insurance company when a rock on the motorway mangled my back wheel. So I had to nurse the car home 14 miles with a square wheel.

Needless to say, the next day I told the AA where they can stick their overpriced recovery service.

That's pretty shocking! DId you have full coverage?

Yeah, FOC. Mistakes happen but now I need to clean all the oil off the underside, its caked on there.

Get some Jizer....