Sign in to follow this  
Ashun

Sell my 2.0 16v and get a VR6?

Been thinking about doing it , just a question what I can get for my 2.0 maybe £1000 , it runs so well and i have to drive 60 miles a day , its got FSH and I look after it well .

4 new tyres too .

here is a pic

dsc00128nb6.th.jpg

or 2

dsc00073ly2.jpg

Ash

With the limited info given, i'd say that £1k is probebly a fair amount.

As for swapping a 16v for a VR6 - I doubt you'd regret it tbh :lol:

I've seen some houses selling for £3.67 million but that doesn't make my house worth the same... :)

No-one here will be able to tell you how much your car is worth mate, especially when all we know about it is that its got a fsh and 4 new tyres.

Valvers are currently selling from as little as a couple of hundred quid for ones needing alot of work, to £3000 for an absolute mint example.

Hi and happy new year from over here.

No brainer really. VR6 every time. I have a 2.0l 16v and a VR6. Know which I would be driving. A good Corrado sold with the right advert will sell well. A shitte advert and you'll get peanuts. I reckon if its a good un, 1500 is acheivable.

Good luck

Dic

That's exactly what I did - and I have loved every second - well except the numerous ones spent at petrol stations filling up! You'll get used to that!

have to agree with the above comments, VR6 everytime, im enjoying my VR6 so much at the moment im thinking of dumping the 2.016vG60 and going with an R32 turbo, cant beat the sound of 6 cylinders! especially above 3000RPM, just a pity that its it those revs that it hits your wallet! mind you, 16vs arent good on petrol, but hats another debate.....

GET THE VR!! :D

Ashun

Mate where are you?

Can you tell me the paint code on the car?

Some better pics and a better description would help.

But looking at it i would give you £1k for it if its the right colour.

Got a contact no.you can P/m me ?

Whilst you say you would sell the 16V and get a VR6 you also state you drive 60 miles to work every day, so if you were to use the VR6 as your daily driver and do 60 miles to work every day, I'd say your fuel bill was going to increase somewhat mate ? But if this is not a consideration or important then I'd say go for it.

from what ive read about some 16vs on here, they are even less economical than the vr6s, once my VR6 is warmed up i get between 28-31mpg, even if i give her some beans, whereas some valvers seem to struggle to get 25MPG...

from what ive read about some 16vs on here, they are even less economical than the vr6s, once my VR6 is warmed up i get between 28-31mpg, even if i give her some beans, whereas some valvers seem to struggle to get 25MPG...

I usually get about 32mpg in my VR6 now but got more than that in my valver. That was biggest thing I noticed after noise and power was how thirsty the VR was. In my early days of VR ownership though I booted it constantly!

Whilst you say you would sell the 16V and get a VR6 you also state you drive 60 miles to work every day, so if you were to use the VR6 as your daily driver and do 60 miles to work every day, I'd say your fuel bill was going to increase somewhat mate ? But if this is not a consideration or important then I'd say go for it.

Yes thats my thinking , not sure i can stump up the money for 60 miles a day, some say vr6 is more eco if you don't boot it but i do this and a vr6 would use more fuel.

25MPG...

I keep dreaming of those high returns

what do you have junky? g60?

I am not too good at writing adds can't think what to put in it

some stuff will go on my vr6, if i get one , might just keep the old girl fix her up some more , the dam sunroof needs looking at :shock:

Ash

I dont know whats wrong with the wifes valver then........

She get Mid thirties round town and its even better on a run

So unless your getting 35 round town and 40 on a run I would say a valver is More economic if you stay of the juice and drive it tidily :D

Im not even on about driving i miss Daisy either,Im shocked its so good.

hi

i get around 28 to 30 round town and 35 on the motorway ,its great before this i had a 320bhp s4 which i was getting 22 and 30 respectively and a 20v ur quattro that was 18 and 27mpg so the vr is fantastic its the best car i have owned for fuel econ so i am happy ,but the s4 was flippin fast thou

The valver engines are fine on fuel unless you give them a good thrashing and then it guzzles a fair amount. I get 35 out of mine when i'm driving normally. Thankfully I have the VVC metro to take some grunt out on :D No I haven't needed a gasket yet thanks for asking lol.

Mike