Sign in to follow this  
Robbo149

VR6 Induction Kit

Hi all.

I'm looking at induction kits for my VR (coupled with a Magnex or Powerflow cat back 'zorst) and was wondering if a 2.8 Golf induction kit would fit straight on the Rado? as not all manufacturers list a kit for the Rado. (In particular Ramair).

cheers guys

K & N 57i Induction kit is £68.90 from Euro Car Parts.

Part No. is 508440231 and thats for a 2.9 VR6 :D

Cheers,

Thera

Thought the Golf filters were bigger?? The rado airbox looks very narrow compared to what i remember of a MK3 one. Might just go for the K&N and a heat shield.

Yeah, I was looking at a Ramair kit on ebay with a £1 start, but it was for a Golf, wasn't sure whether it would fit or not. Ramair don't list one for the C, & K&N have 2 different part numbers for Golf & Corrado VR6 kits. I may just get a K&N from ECP if they're that cheap! Heard good reports about Green Cotton ones, anyone tried these?

cheers.

The green cotton filters are almost exactly the same as k&n, the only real difference being the colour.

Has anyone tried the BMC "Carbon Dynamic Airbox" system which appears on the Stealth website? It's pricey but Stealth seem impressed...

Joe

Be aware that foam filters don't filter very well.

I took off mine the other day, only to find the mesh on the AFM full of bits of tree and other associated debris! :shock: :(

do these kits actually make much difference to the performance? or am i going to be left with an "all whoosh and no push" situation (sorry dont know why i had to make that rhyme!! :D)

With the K&N do you remove the old box completely??

do these kits actually make much difference to the performance? or am i going to be left with an "all whoosh and no push" situation

Just do a search on the forum :roll: , there are plenty of threads about them.

For Example

Thera

Hmmm,I like the sound of the turn2 one, anyone got any more info on them? Or better yet got one themselves?

I've got a turn2 CAI!

All I'll say is... They're worth the money just for how they look in the engine bay! 8)

Cool, got any pics of it? Also, does it sound hardcore and where can you buy one in the uk?

Cheers!

The VR I am buying has a K and N kit, with a cold air feed coming from the grill. It doesn't have any sort of heat shield though, should it?

so its pretty much a waste of time as far as performance is concerned?

do yo ustill have yours fitted ']['H3R4POR

Yeah still have mine fitted, to be honest I've forgetton what the car used to me like :oops:

The noise is good, but i'm gonna put the old filter back on now that i've got used to the Induction kit, and see what difference it makes changing the other way, I'll keep you posted mate.

no heat shield with the k&n.

Gonna make one from carbon fibre (well a mate is!) when he gets a chance :twisted:

any chance you can get me a template mate? I'm too lazy, and its cold and dark outside ;)

Has anyone tried the BMC "Carbon Dynamic Airbox" system which appears on the Stealth website? It's pricey but Stealth seem impressed...

Joe

I have one is pricey really needs air feed to work properly which is pretty hard to fit into VR6 engine bay. Might unleash a couple of bhp up the rev range but loses a bit of torque i reckon. Rolling rd at Stealth saw my car produce 195 bhp with BMC filter and Scorpion exhaust. (not the power gains they quote on the site)

It is worth getting filter for the sound though :D fliipin awesome :!:

It is worth getting filter for the sound though :D fliipin awesome :!:

thats the only reason mines still on ;)

if I see a big difference when I take it off it might stay off, but otherwise i'll stick it back on again, i'm just curious, now that i've forgetton how the car used to behave

['H3R4POR]
no heat shield with the k&n.

Gonna make one from carbon fibre (well a mate is!) when he gets a chance :twisted:

any chance you can get me a template mate? I'm too lazy, and its cold and dark outside ;)

if it ever gets done i will let you know and post pics :)