Sign in to follow this  
Glenny Boy

GUTTED

well gutted this evening, went to garage to pick my toy up bloke said its all done hes had it runnig for an hour and its running well, followed my dad up the motorway and couldnt even see my spoiler go up because of the smoke, im starting to hate this car and wished id never bought it

its cost me around £2300 so far and ive been towed home on the first nite, drove it home from garage, looked at it sat at my nans on her drive and followed it home from another garage

omg do many people have this trouble or have i just bought the most unlucky car in the world

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

well gutted this evening, went to garage to pick my toy up bloke said its all done hes had it runnig for an hour and its running well, followed my dad up the motorway and couldnt even see my spoiler go up because of the smoke, im starting to hate this car and wished id never bought it

its cost me around £2300 so far and ive been towed home on the first nite, drove it home from garage, looked at it sat at my nans on her drive and followed it home from another garage

omg do many people have this trouble or have i just bought the most unlucky car in the world

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Any idea what caused the smoke? Someone saying they have had the car running (in a garage or sat idly) is a lot different than driving it around for an hour under load.

Its not unusual in my experience. I've had two vr6's and spent several thousand pounds on each. My boss may aswell just pay my wages straight to the garage. This however certainly doesn't mean i'd even consider selling up for another car. I just tell myself that spending this money now means plain sailing later. Surely...

I've owned my G60 since July 7th. I payed $2800 for it. Since then I've easily dumped at least $1500 into it. There's just something about this car that always makes me hang onto it, even after all the money and times I've said I'm giving up on it. :thumbleft: :roll:

I must sympathise with your spending plight. My VR6 has cost me best part of 4k so far, most of which was on engine rebuild. My 2l 16v has beeen good, only spent what I have to on it, oil filters, suspension etc.

I would not change either of them, unless I can find a good VR6 sharan and loose the 16v. Oh I love my loud pedal............

Stick with it. Probably someting really silly that'll get fixed in a jiffy. I hope so.

Good luck

Dic

has it been overfilled with oil?

A golf I had ran fine until the oil pressure climbed due to me dropping a gear to overtake.

All of a sudden, instant Nimbus maker :(