Sign in to follow this  
paul20v

green storm

hi

this is not the place for this so feel free to move it , i was not sure were to put it but i have a question , how much is a 1995 green storm worth with 105k 3 owners and loads of proper history

any help would be appreciated

We'll need more than that my friend.

Mileage comes and goes but condition and love is paramount :D

Moving, also.

hi

i understand the love and attention but i have not seen it all i know is the 3 owners were elderly ,which means nothing to me either just burnt clutches, i will have to look at it and post my finding just wanted an idea ive been told its spot on but that means nothing either as the seller told me this

cheers :)

I don't particularly have my finger on the pulse with regard to prices, particularly in relation to Storms but a general sort of guide, given the fairly low mileage for a 13 year old car ... IMHO would be:

Mint condition £5 - 6k (top money)

Excellent condition £3.8 - 5k

Good condition, needs some money spending right away £2.8 - 3.8k

Below average condition £1.6 - 2.8k

Break for parts .. up to £1.6k

I wouldn't particularly rely on the above though as condition and who has owned it/worked on it are the most important factors but that should hopefully give a very general guide.

Best bet is to check Pistonheads and Autotrader, which is something that I haven't done so I fully expect someone more informed to come along with better advice!

hi

i understand the love and attention but i have not seen it all i know is the 3 owners were elderly ,which means nothing to me either just burnt clutches, i will have to look at it and post my finding just wanted an idea ive been told its spot on but that means nothing either as the seller told me this

Oi! What's this about "elderly" and "burnt clutches"?!

From what I have seen and heard on the road your clutch will last a lot longer if you are 60 than if you are 20 or 30! :lol:

I haven't had to have a clutch renewed since about 1968 :p

By the way, my green Storm is 1995, 102k and, counting me, has had two "elderly" owners.

I paid £7250 in 2001 at 95k, but that included full warranty for 2 years worth £500.

PS

I see they were "mature" owners rather than "elderly", anyway. These different terminologies become very important after you are 45 - just you wait and see!

PPS Go for it, but find out if it smells of wee, first! :roll: :wink:

There is definately a very strong relationship between mileage and price for Storms although as previous posters have pointed out its condition and history that should be more important to you.

In terms of what I've seen for sale, which may not be a complete list and is a small sample number anyway, the average asking price for a Storm with between 90,000 and 110,000 miles in 2007 was £6,065. Obviously thats asking prices so if the buyers managed to haggle say a 10% drop then we are talking around £5,500. The highest asking price was £8K (91K) and the lowest £4,850 (102K)

I don't know if that helps you or not :?

hi

thanks for all the input i was offered it for 3995 so i will have to take a good look at it cheers to all

Thats what they want, if its any good offer them £3500 :D

hi

Oi! What's this about "elderly" and "burnt clutches"?!

From what I have seen and heard on the road your clutch will last a lot longer if you are 60 than if you are 20 or 30! :lol:

I haven't had to have a clutch renewed since about 1968 :p

By the way, my green Storm is 1995, 102k and, counting me, has had two "elderly" owners.

I paid £7250 in 2001 at 95k, but that included full warranty for 2 years worth £500.

PS

I see they were "mature" owners rather than "elderly", anyway. These different terminologies become very important after you are 45 - just you wait and see!

PPS Go for it, but find out if it smells of wee, first! :roll: :wink:

hi

were all getting there i am i load closer to 40 than i care to think about

he definately said elderly but no quote on age

trust me i see a lot of over 65s with one 2 many clutches on there invoices

a mate of mine works in a hyundai dealer and in the last 12months a guy as had 6 clutches wow now that extreme and definately should buy an auto

i will definately check the wee status too :lol:

thanks again to all for advice and price

i will keep you posted

2 more Green Storms for sale on P'heads today - 1 @ £6,000 with 85K and the other at £9,000 with 53K. Depreciation at 9p/mile implied :study:

And another 2 posted this evening makes 4 Green Storms hanging on the Pistonhead :shock:

4 in one day - the market is completely flooded!

And another 2 posted this evening makes 4 Green Storms hanging on the Pistonhead :shock:

4 in one day - the market is completely flooded!

Holy moly!! STORM WARNING :shock: :shock: :lol:

hi

it was tatty all round, seats ,dents all over it rear wheel arch all rusty could be done but not for that sort of money worth a look thou

cheers for your advice all