Slimg60

Slim's G60 Turbo

Right, having been on the forum for a while now and having just sorted out all the photo's on my computer I thought it was time I shared some with everyone else.

When I first got her it had the 17's and was lowered on Springs but everything else was standard.

When I found the rear springs broken I decided to go for the FK konigsports and a bit more of a drop, but not too much.

I then wanted more power, so had the charger S4 with the JR induction kit and once that was run in added the RSR, chip and pulley.

Shortly after the exhaust started making more noise than it should, this was diagnosed as a rather large hole in the centre box so treated myself to a miltek.

Other than that the only other changes are cosmetic, debadged grill, de locked handles and lupo wipers with a momo steering wheel.

ETKA Corrado.pdf12042006039.jpg[/attachment:i605rxca]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfDSC00014.JPG[/attachment:i605rxca]

Corrado92.pdfDSC00253.JPG[/attachment:i605rxca]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSC00256.JPG[/attachment:i605rxca]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC00287.JPG[/attachment:i605rxca]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC00419.JPG[/attachment:i605rxca]

DSC00431.JPG[/attachment:i605rxca]

More pictures to follow, hopefully the weather will ease up a bit and I'll have time to wash her soon. :( :( :( :( :wink: :eek:

Edited by Slimg60

Cheers for the kind comments people, Thought I'd add a few more pictues,

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf113315749.jpg[/attachment:12a63u5r]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC00805.JPG[/attachment:12a63u5r]

DSC00810.JPG[/attachment:12a63u5r]

Hopefully going to spend the rest of the weekend sorting out those annoying squeeks and rattles, just have to find them first :scratch:

8) Nice colour dude, like the way it looks dropped on its standard BBS rims

I'm really in 2 minds about the wheels to be honest, I like the clean look of the 17's, but love how low it is on the BBS. Think I might try the BBS on spacers to fill out the arches a bit. :shrug:

Looks really nice mate, and MUCH better on the 15's, the bottom pic in your first post says it all - it looks perfect on them, allthough they could be a bit wider.I expect it handles/drives better with them on too? IMO 15x7.5 are perfect for rados, yours will be 6.5's if I remember correctly

Right thats decided then, watch out for a set of 5 spoke 17's for sale soon :wink:

I would like a wider set of wheels, but I'm saving for a house at the moment so cant justify another set :eek:

I also seem to have missed out my personal favourite picture of the old gal,

DSC00418.JPG[/attachment:3dbqgj4o]

That looks spot on, what suspension are you running on that? and what drop is it? mines the same colour and i just put 9j borbets on it, maybe i should have just done my suspension with the money and used standard wheels :lol:

I've got FK Konigsport fitted at the moment, not sure on how much I've dropped it by, just kept going til I was happy with it :lol:

Cool, Going by mine, which is totally standard ride height :norty: , i would say thats at least 40-50mm maybe a smidge more, it certainly gives it a proper stance, the G60 BBS RZ`s look just as cool or better than RM`s or RS`s on a rado imo, I might re fit mine tommorow till i can get the height drop as it looks a bit 4x4 with the Borbets at the moment :nuts:

Cool, Going by mine, which is totally standard ride height :norty: , i would say thats at least 40-50mm maybe a smidge more, it certainly gives it a proper stance, the G60 BBS RZ`s look just as cool or better than RM`s or RS`s on a rado imo, I might re fit mine tommorow till i can get the height drop as it looks a bit 4x4 with the Borbets at the moment :nuts:

Stick with your Borbets, they're the best wheels for a rado IMO!!

looks really well with the 15's on. as said before if they were a tad wider it would look loads better, have you managed to get spacers yet? how far you gonna space em, 10mm or so?

is that paint original or is it resprayed?

looks so tidy.

As far as I know the paints original, exept the rear bumper which was resprayed a few years ago.

looks really well with the 15's on. as said before if they were a tad wider it would look loads better, have you managed to get spacers yet? how far you gonna space em, 10mm or so?

Yer I'll probably go for 10mm spacers, just to give it a bit of a wider look, I'd like wider wheels but saving for a house at the mo.

Well thought it was time for an update:

After some drunken Ebay'in at the weekend I removed the front bumper to make sure my new FMIC will fit. It's looking like I mat need to dig out the ginder :nuts:

so this is how it looked at the weekend;

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC00926.JPG[/attachment:32h9pxb7]

DSC00925.JPG[/attachment:32h9pxb7]

Then it will be gone with the standard seats and in with the TT's, and hopefully some new wheels too as I'm annoyed at cleaning the BBS, so watch this space 8)

Drastic man! what FMIC have you gone for and what pipework you using? my mate is after doing one on his

And this may be a stoooooooooooopid question :nuts: but where are the bumper bolts to get it off the car? i had a look (not a very good one clearly :norty: ) when i did my charger pipework the other day, but couldnt see them???????? only reason i need to take it off is i have a new tow eye cover to go on the near side and cant fit it with the lower grille in place and that dont appear to come off? without removing or at least loosening the bumper first :lol:

I got a Landrover TD5 intercooler as they're pretty thin and from a quick measure up I shouldn't have to remove too much off the front of my car :eek:

I'll be sorting the pipe work out myself, wait til I get the intercooler mounted and go from there, but probably buy some ally tubing and bends and sort it from there, I've also got a really good engineering firm round the corner who'll bend the pipe to shape for chocolate biscuits!!

To remove the front bumper; If you get under the car and look at the front beam, at the end of the beam there are 3 bolts in a row, going front to back of the car, it's the front and rear bolts that need removing( 17mm). DO NOT REMOVE THE SMALL BOLT!!! as it holds the beam to the car and your engine will fall out!

I stuck a jack under there to help support it whilst I was under there, but any more questions, just give me a shout.

Interesting. I've had a TD5 intercooler in my garage for a while. When I've finished the planned work on the house I plan to fit it so would be really interested how you get on. Particaully what plumbing you go with. Are you sticking with the RSR outlet?

Rado looks great by the way.

I think I'm sticking with the RSR, just get a reducer onto an ally U bend, cant really afford a ralle Ubend at the moment.

I'll knock up a step by step guide, and possibly get a few sets of pipes made up by this firm round the corner if people are interested?

Started to fit my new FMIC today, quite pi$$ed off as the alloy pipes didn't arrive and probably wount be here til new week.

Decided I'd take this opertunity thou to get it in place and begin to mount it on.

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSC00943.JPG[/attachment:2ycdiqvj]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC00944.JPG[/attachment:2ycdiqvj]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC00945.JPG[/attachment:2ycdiqvj]

DSC00946.JPG[/attachment:2ycdiqvj]

So I'm now waiting on the rest of my pipework to arrive before I can continue :cry:

The original BBM RSR outlet is generally a better outlet for the g-ladder than the rallye ubend, plus BBM will even port the RSR outlet to match a race spec g-ladder! I will be interested to see the pipework you get made up as well. I've just got my RSR outlet and a full set of BBM boost pipes for my original intercooler, but am getting a fmic in a couple of months, I was just going to get a samco hose made up into the bend from the RSR to the intercooler but a solid pipe might be better.