Sign in to follow this  
A1 VR6

Blue Magnecor Leads or Not?

Just fitted some new platinum plugs today and while I was at it thought I'd stick on a set of blue Magnecor leads I've got. Not sure if I like them on a Blackberry car. What do you think?

yeah i put red ones on my Classic green one, and they are the big fat 8.5mm ones (great leads BTW!). i think your look with your rather cool looking inlet and cover on! keep em!

If nothing else the car seems to be idling better - maybe my old leads were getting past it as they are 12 years old and the originals. I'll live with the blue for now, I can always buy some of the black OEM's from Beru later.

Apart from adding a little colour to the engine bay, and be expensive...do these leads actually do anything for the car that OEM leads wont? :?

I had loads of problems with my Magnecor leads when i had a set.

They were fitted to my modified Saab 900 T16S a few years back, bought new along with a mate of mine we both had exactly the same problem.

During damp weather the thing would misfire like nobodys business, turns out the King lead was arcing out, eventually the car became undriveable and would drop cylinders the longer you drove it in the rain - not good on the M27!!.

They redesigned the king lead in the end but my faith in them had disappeared by then!

I think the colour depends on whether it goes with your skin tone dearie...

:D

Lol! Not Bll!

my leads made a considerable difference, im not sure whether it was due to going for the magnecor leads or not though, as i replaced the coil, plugs and fitted the 8.5mm magnecor leads at the same time, but she definatly picks upso much better than before, easily pulls all the way from 1.5k all the way round to 5.5-6k, and i really didnt expect the to do anything TBH!

In my experience leads are leads,

Providing your existing leads are functioning perfectly and not arcing out then so called performance leads dont make a jot of difference to performance.

Sure if you replace a duff set with some spangly new performance ones then yes it possible you might cure a rough running car, as for getting extra performance - doubt it!!

Thanks John, didn't know you cared :lol:

In my experience leads are leads,

Providing your existing leads are functioning perfectly and not arcing out then so called performance leads dont make a jot of difference to performance.

Sure if you replace a duff set with some spangly new performance ones then yes it possible you might cure a rough running car, as for getting extra performance - doubt it!!

Point taken, not really looking for or expecting better performance but there is a definite improvement in the smoothness of the idle which as I said could've been due to the old leads. One thing I was particularly pleased with was the condition of the old plugs which were coloured exactly as they should be - no signs of all deposits etc.

Thanks John, didn't know you cared :lol:

Are you going to do enough miles in it this year to notice the difference Bill?

The rod is in the water, but will the fishy bite..?