Sign in to follow this  
8vtornado

My g60 project

hi i have had this corrado for the last year and a bit and thought it was about time i shared with you!

Corrado92.pdfDSCF5038.JPG[/attachment:21bd4547] this ones a few months ago after i reconned the wheels and stuff

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSCF5077.JPG[/attachment:21bd4547] this ones of the engine practically how i got it but after reconning the charger.

DSCF5777.JPG[/attachment:21bd4547]this is the engine after i rebuilt the head and tidied sum bits up.

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSCF5742.JPG[/attachment:21bd4547] this is at the weekend after i finally tidied up the paintwork, a bit of a difference im sure youl agree!!

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSCF5745.JPG[/attachment:21bd4547]and this final one you can see the callipers i reconned and painted, the wheels i reconned and the paint and the exhaust i shined up!!

i hope you enjoy these pics of my little project i been working hard on, only thing is it went for its MOT yday and failed, so its still not goin on the road :(

thanks mate. its taken some hard work! i rebuilt teh head and buffed everything while i was at it and smoothed off some of the casting grain in the head n inlet. i then dropped the head and dented the head surface and had to do it all again with help from a friend!!! sprayed everything silver when puttin it back together, not just sum back to black on all the pipes will sort it!

i done all the work myself as im a mechanical engineer which is lucky, and the charger was interesting to see inside n that, got some pics somewhere ill find them later, all the bits layed out!!

it failed the MOT on the top mounts and a seized rear calliper, bit bummed really as the top mounts arent that bad and i wanted to do the work at work but now cant drive it to work :(

You're a mechanical engineer? Shouldn't have thought a G Lader was too much bother for you then! :D

Judging by the before and after shots it looks like the hard work paid off. Bummer about the MOT but keep at it mate. You'll have a wicked car to enjoy over the summer. Could you not trailer to work or summat, or is that not practical?

I love the park job on the mk2 as well! If I dumped a Golf on our front lawn my better half would kill me! :lol:

it has now passed the MOT and i stacked up 120 miles this weekend, and OMG its amazing, i love it, i havent rele given it beans yet cos its had a charger n head rebuild, but up 2 4k it pulls like a bastud! al you lucky G60 owners out there!think i mite have some fuelling problem, im getting terrible MPG, wot do you other g60 owners get around town?

You get this when not driving it properly

30 mpg if driving reasonably. :)

You get this when driving it properly

Think I averaged about 25mpg.

:lol: Yep, that's about right!

I can get 30-40mpg if the throttle never goes past halfway and the charger isn't used, or between 20-25mpg for a fast burn :D

I was getting 16-18mpg at one point, but my ECU was overfuelling like a bandit :( AFR was as rich as 10:1 once we'd put it on an exhaust gas analyser :shock:

Good work with the rebuild, it's looking lovely, and you'll just enjoy it more and more as Summer rolls in 8)

:lol: Yep, that's about right!

Oh, I drove mine properly... don't you worry about that. :wink: :lol:

thanks lads, ill just have to get used to the fuel consumption! next problem is my exhaust, sounds a bit blowy, (a tappy kind of blow) like from a gasket but cant find where its from for the life of me, replaced all the gaskets, is it just a g60 sound? sounds like its IN the downpipe! i havent actually heard a g60 before my own one anyway so i dont know wot to expect!!! its completely standard with CAT and all!(not for long!) anyone else noticed this?

hi, i been fiddling with pshop, its my first go but couldnt decide between wheels so pshopped them, but still cant decide. comments please.

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf27022008473.jpg[/attachment:3vbqxagh]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfcorrado side2 copy.jpg[/attachment:3vbqxagh]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfcorrado side copy.jpg[/attachment:3vbqxagh]

corrado side4 copy.jpg[/attachment:3vbqxagh]

Very nice.

1st, and original for me (not what you wanted to hear) . The last is audi, I believe? Personally, I think they over-complicate, rather than tidy up. The 'rado is a simple, classy design, don't let the wheels detract from that.

Edit- On second thoughts, they remind me of the Audi style. Either way..

Looking very nice, as for the wheels, Originals in the 1st pic for me too out of those listed, think they really suit the G60`s, that car would look awesome on a set of BBS LM`reps or some deep dish rims of some sort, Borbet A`s for instance :D