mrbeige

Gooney, son of Badcrumble

i have a bit of red paint lying around and its about that size, let me know if you want it posted

think it fell off the lawnmower

Sorry about the paint dude, you could try and blend the patch in for a while to make it look better. Had to do the same thing on the girlfriends car not long after i got it for her. As long as you flat off the patch first and prime etc etc, it should look ok. Just flat off each layer after it drys and remask the new area slighty larger to try and blend it better. Thats what i done anyway and you would struggle to see it unless you know its there.

I've just gone over it with some laquer that had lying around for now, hopefully respraying it over summer :?

i have a bit of red paint lying around and its about that size, let me know if you want it posted

think it fell off the lawnmower

:cuckoo:

Yay for Gooney! Looks fab Beigey,especially without the side strips :)

have you taken the side skirts off?

Imo I think the red ones suffer the worse in terms of looks with the side strips.

I dosn't look so bad on the darker color C's

Too scared to take mine off though. :pale:

Yay for Gooney! Looks fab Beigey,especially without the side strips :)

have you taken the side skirts off?

Imo I think the red ones suffer the worse in terms of looks with the side strips.

I dosn't look so bad on the darker color C's

Too scared to take mine off though. :pale:

Yeah, it's a little worrying doing it! And, I was gutted when the paint came off :sad:

oh,I missed that post on the previous page.

Bummer.

Does look better but it's came at a price.

Such is life eh?!

In hindsight is there anything you could have done to stop the paint coming off??

Do you think I should stay clear.

I DO NOT have money for a respray at the mo. :(

In hindsight is there anything you could have done to stop the paint coming off??

Do you think I should stay clear.

I think the paint was a bit

bit of t-cut and it will look spot ...errmm...na your stuffed :lol:

This happed to me,i just smoothed it of and painted it with a can,does not look so bad !

:lol: Will be giving the paint some love soon, so not overly bothered, although it does look a bit poo. To be fair, any more T-cut and it will go brown (primer) :lol:

Well, decided as I've given up smoking to give myself a little project in the garage to keep me busy, so started to refurb the schmorbets. Started off with a flap wheel on a drill, but soon had to move to 120 grit sandpaper as I was struggling to get at the inner edge of the rim. Plan to go through the grades 240, 400, 800, 1000 and finally 1500, but that is a long way off.

Spent about an hour on the first one so far....lots more to do, but thought I'd see how good they could look...

Before...

DSC02966.jpg

During...you can see in this shot the corrosion that has taken place..

DSC02962.jpg

After...

DSC02963.jpg

The first one is still a work in progress, but you get the idea

Needless to say, my hands now hurt like hell and I have a blister on my thumb. Might have to see if I can get a alloy wheel refurb kit from the polishing shop.

Good work dude.

Made it back to my house without having any 'issues' earlier :)

Sweet!.....They should look brilliant once polished and shiny!! 8) 8)

Good work dude.

Made it back to my house without having any 'issues' earlier :)

I'm glad mate! Could have been a little messy.... :lol:

Sweet!.....They should look brilliant once polished and shiny!! 8) 8)

Aye, I hope so. Not sure whether to laquer over the polished lip as they were before or whether I should leave them so that they can have liberal amounts of Autosol used on them?? :shrug:

Well, just been out to offer up the Magnex exhaust I have, which was off the Badcrumble, and its looking like it isn't going to fit. I thought I could swap over the hangers from Badcrumble onto Gooney, but they are quite different and have very different mounting positions! So I now have to figure out what my options are. The exhaust on there at the moment is a bit bodged together, and has 4 silencers. Is that one too many? I'm not sure what is supposed to be on there....

I also fitted the new brake pipe on the O/S rear, but can't get the bleed nipple undone at the mo, so I've wire brushed it and put a bit of brake fluid on there to try and penetrate through the thread/corrosion.

Yup, there should be 4 silences on the 1.8L 16v's. The large rear box and centre box, a silencer on the downpipe and another on the small straight pipe section. That one is actually a resonator and not a true silencer though! :wink:

Yup, there should be 4 silences on the 1.8L 16v's. The large rear box and centre box, a silencer on the downpipe and another on the small straight pipe section. That one is actually a resonator and not a true silencer though! :wink:

Ah, yes, just checked on ETKA as well. What a royal pain in the ar$e though. bloody thing was blowing like a goodun. I think I need to get another centre section/resonator....

Dude! I have one of those sections spare, if you need it!

It's a Unipart branded pipe that I had fitted a few years back, it's only covered about 4-5k and was only taken off when I was fitting the s/s pipe. Let me know if it's of any use to you! :wink:

Dude! I have one of those sections spare, if you need it!

It's a Unipart branded pipe that I had fitted a few years back, it's only covered about 4-5k and was only taken off when I was fitting the s/s pipe. Let me know if it's of any use to you! :wink:

I've just gone and bought one off the Bay of E....bugger....it was £28 delivered too....Have I just been robbed? :confused4:

Cant go too far wrong for 28 quid! Hope you get it sorted soon anyway! :wink:

The centre section was one i tried to make fit from a vr system but couldnt get hold of a welder quickly. The new pipe should just bolt straight on mate

Gav

very odd with regards to the magnex not fitting, ive fitted a miltek from a 1.8 onto a 2.0 before and it went on relatively trouble free bar the brackets. what didnt line up?

The centre section was one i tried to make fit from a vr system but couldnt get hold of a welder quickly. The new pipe should just bolt straight on mate

Gav

It's no bother dude, I remember you saying about the centre section.

very odd with regards to the magnex not fitting, ive fitted a miltek from a 1.8 onto a 2.0 before and it went on relatively trouble free bar the brackets. what didnt line up?

The very early valvers have a hook type arrangement, but the later KR and 9A valvers have bar type hangers. The centre section hangers are two separate hooks and the bar type being a single central mounting that the upside-down-bicycle-handle-bar type bracket mounts to. With the rear silencer, one of the hooks is right where the bar type bracket would mount to. Bit of a bugger, but ho-hum. :)

If you're taking off early mounts, I have a set of late mounts which I took off the scrapper shell so as the thickness of the metal wouldn't mess up the cutting blade of the saw.

Think the rubbers are still good if that's any use?

If you're taking off early mounts, I have a set of late mounts which I took off the scrapper shell so as the thickness of the metal wouldn't mess up the cutting blade of the saw.

Think the rubbers are still good if that's any use?

I have a set of mounts off my old Corrado, but they wont fit :( Cheers for the offer anyway.

Good to see Mrs badcrumle being used :) has your wkend been productive?

Productive-ish! Need to get some plusgas on the caliper beeld nipple, I just hope it's not totally seized :scratch:

Needed to satisfy my need to smoke with doing something, so I cracked on with some more polishing. Not far off, but this is what the first of the Borbets looks like now...

DSC02980.jpg

DSC02978.jpg

DSC02979.jpg

looking good stu just gotta keep at it when polishing worth it in the end though

id advise getting a polishing kit from the polishing shop and use the felt bits to get a real shine out of alloy once you have finished with the wet and dry then a final goin over with autosol, ive just used it to try bring the shine back out in mine as keeping them clean when there polished and unlaquered is a pain in the ass as the dish just collects water, good luck

neil.