Sign in to follow this  
Dr Forinor

Where's the best place to buy Fidanza

I've been looking around the internet and it seems it would make a lot of sense to buy direct from the states, rather than a retailer here.

Rather than me taking a risk, I was hoping someone would share their experience(s) with any particular seller over there? Where would be the best place to buy from?

Sorry, I meant to make it into a link and forgot :lol:

http://www.schimmelperformance.com/

Cheesewire's bought pretty much all of his engine from him :lol:

Otherwise Bahn Brenner seem to have a fairly good reputation, but never had any dealings with them, so can't say for sure.

Probably not, but it'd be worth giving Bill Schimmel a call to see if he can get you one and how much it'd be.

He says on his "Contact" bit on his site that the best way to get a quick reply would be to email him as they are usually too busy to pick up the phone. So email sent, and awaiting reply now :D

Since you seem to eager to help, I am planning on supercharging the VR6. Will soon be getting the timing chains done along with a new clutch, flywheel, Schrick manifold and cams. Anything else you recommend getting done at the same time (money still being a factor)? I was thinking Helix clutch, any idea how long they last in comparo to OEM clutch? Anything else you can think of?

Since you seem to eager to help, I am planning on supercharging the VR6. Will soon be getting the timing chains done along with a new clutch, flywheel, Schrick manifold and cams. Anything else you recommend getting done at the same time (money still being a factor)? I was thinking Helix clutch, any idea how long they last in comparo to OEM clutch? Anything else you can think of?

Engnie torque and driving style govern clutch life. Most people don't have problems with the stock clutch when using a Vortech supercharger. I never did with 12psi.

If you're going Rotrex or turbo, then I would definitely fit a beefed up clutch.

The Helix is among the best out there and will last at least 50K on a modified engine.

Engnie torque and driving style govern clutch life. Most people don't have problems with the stock clutch when using a Vortech supercharger. I never did with 12psi.

If you're going Rotrex or turbo, then I would definitely fit a beefed up clutch.

The Helix is among the best out there and will last at least 50K on a modified engine.

I'm getting Vince to supply and fit the supercharge, any ideas which one he uses?

I do drive the car hard but never abuse it, never side step the clutch etc etc.

I just got a reply from Bill Schimmel via email and he says he has had trouble with the Fidanza flywheels. This is the email reply;

"Yes we have a light weight steel flywheel. We don't use alum since we have had many problems with.

Our flywheel is cromoly steel very long life and abilty to resurface"

Alum is the Fidanza flywheel, so in regards to this email, what would you guys recommend? His own one is $290 plus shipping, compared to the $292 plus shipping for the Fidanza on eBay, so no real difference in price. Weight wise, the Fidanza one is 6.5lbs and Bil Schimmel's one is 9lb, opinions guys?

cant comment on the Schimmel item as i'm not familiar with it, but i'm using a Fidanza (courtesy) of Gripforce & i'm very happy with it, service was absolutely spot on too, ordered on the saturday afternoon and turned up at work on the following Thursday! :)

here you go mate, i think quite a few people have bought flywheels from this guy (corozin recently..)

gripforce clutches on ebay