scarlet_vr6

scarlet_vr6's blackberry!

Have to confess to having a little crael around under your motor today Fay when no one was looking :lol: looking very impressive indeed and must have a spin with you in it sometime :wave:

Catch you soon.

Looked superb today, Fay after all the fettling - and everyone who drove it came back saying it was an absolutely superb drive! Looking forward to booking my test drive the next time we meet up! :)

Thanks for the drive today. Must say it is awesome. Absolutely blown away by the V1s and the rear ARB. I thought my car was pretty nice, but it really put it in perspective.

looking good fay! its really coming along now! i may have to treat myself to some kw's soon :)

it wasn't my old rack that caused you problems was it :pale:

you gona be headin to the dorset meet on the 13th Dec?

Chris

Looked really good yesterday fay! was talking to charlie yesterday about what suspension to go for when lowering the C... he recommended the V1's that you have... what are they like?

i'm tempted to get them after seeing urs...

thanks for the lovely comments guys! I'm sooo chuffed with it and the drive home was awesome. Big, big :grin: and yes, I def have the track day bug!

Well Done Faye. I will have to have a passenger ride in your car today; my original wants suspension work done to it so it would be good to see how bosun rides :norty: :norty:

sorry Oz, I didn't see your post until I got home last night - you should have said yesterday, you are most welcome to take the car out and see what you think. Next time... :)

Apologies in advance, nice rack.

Looks like some great work on the car, how do you find the ride quality and handling on the KW V1s?

:lol:

Yes, Dave and Graham have done a fantastic job :D

Considering how much other work was done, I don't know how much of the improvement is down to the V1s but the transformation is incredible (but not surprising I guess since everything aside from the rear axle bushes was very tired and worn). Compared to how the car handled a fortnight ago, I would say it is firmer but it isn't at all crashy or uncomfortable. It's so surefooted, it just soaks up the dips and bumps in the road and it doesn't blink an eye if you attack the corners! It's on rails!! I feel so much more confident driving the car now as I used to worry about the back end just wandering about, doing it's own thing! I did have a quick drive before the Neuspeed went on the car and it had really brought the rear of the car in line. I did make one of the wheels rub the arch tho..... oops!

Have to confess to having a little crael around under your motor today Fay when no one was looking :lol: looking very impressive indeed and must have a spin with you in it sometime :wave:

Catch you soon.

lol Kip! Glad you like it! Was surprised (but nicely surprised!) to see K1PVW there yesterday. I really admire you for having such a beautiful rado but not turning it into a trailer queen. Nurburgring was a testament to that. Excellent results on the rollers too :salute:

Next time I see you, remind me to pass you my car keys! Likewise Jim, you'll have to remind me too ;)

Thanks for the drive today. Must say it is awesome. Absolutely blown away by the V1s and the rear ARB. I thought my car was pretty nice, but it really put it in perspective.

lol, thanks for the drive in yours too. I thought your car handled really well but it is a bit different, can't really explain how though :? It has made me really want some 263s now!

looking good fay! its really coming along now! i may have to treat myself to some kw's soon :)

it wasn't my old rack that caused you problems was it :pale:

you gona be headin to the dorset meet on the 13th Dec?

Chris

nah, don't worry Chris, I hadn't had your old rack fitted - it has been sitting in my garage ever since I bought it from you! It went up to DG with my car and is now one of the reconditioned ones. The steering is perfect now, it's so precise and responsive :)

Yep, I will def be at the Dorset meet :) See you there I guess!

looks ace, love the sticker shot :)

thanks, I rather like that too. The sticker placement was Graham's idea :)

Looked really good yesterday fay! was talking to charlie yesterday about what suspension to go for when lowering the C... he recommended the V1's that you have... what are they like?

As above Kris, they are brilliant! I thought for a long time about going for Weitec GTNs but I'm very glad I didn't now. I haven't driven a car with GTNs on so obviously I can't compare, but I do know how fantastic the V1s are. I decided to spend a bit extra, partly for the better materials and good reputation of KW but partly because I didn't want to look back and regret not having gone for it!

You going to the next No Rice?

...and to everyone who is thinking about getting KWs, do it! I'd be amazed if you regretted it :D

As above Kris, they are brilliant! I thought for a long time about going for Weitec GTNs but I'm very glad I didn't now. I haven't driven a car with GTNs on so obviously I can't compare, but I do know how fantastic the V1s are. I decided to spend a bit extra, partly for the better materials and good reputation of KW but partly because I didn't want to look back and regret not having gone for it!

You going to the next No Rice?

...and to everyone who is thinking about getting KWs, do it! I'd be amazed if you regretted it :D[/quote:ewze1648]

Quite possibly... is it on the 1st or 2nd weds of the month? i've not been in aaaaages... i'm talking since the fleet services no rice! you going?

yeah, reckon I will go this time, but prob won't be there until about 8pm. I haven't been in so long that I hadn't realised it was at Ladymead now lol. I've checked the website and it's a week tomorrow, Dec 9th...

Hey Fay, good to see you last night and the car was looking luurvly. I totally forgot to mention that if you want we can meet up sometime and I'll do a photoshoot of your car for you. If you're up for it let me know. Could even get the other basingstoke Corrados along and make it a group shoot.

Nick

Hey Fay, good to see you last night and the car was looking luurvly. I totally forgot to mention that if you want we can meet up sometime and I'll do a photoshoot of your car for you. If you're up for it let me know. Could even get the other basingstoke Corrados along and make it a group shoot.

Nick

Good to see you Nick and thanks, my C has had a few improvements since Castle Combe – I can’t take credit for them though! As for the photos, yes please, that would be great! 8) Maybe you could give me some tips too? I still haven’t bought a dig SLR but my G9 is ok for now. I’ll need to give the car a thorough clean first though – the lack of lights in the car park made it look a lot cleaner than it is ;) Are there some good photo locations that you know of nearby?

Good work Fay. How much did you pay for the V1's?

I cant wait to get another Corrado.

Hi Ben, I paid a bit less for the V1s cos I bought them before the VAT rate changed but I know that DG Autotech are selling the inox ones for £630 now. I am so chuffed with the car now so thanks for the nice comment. Do you have plans to get another soon? It will have to be a good one if it’s gonna be as nice as the last one :wink:

Good work Fay. How much did you pay for the V1's?

I cant wait to get another Corrado.

Hi Ben, I paid a bit less for the V1s cos I bought them before the VAT rate changed but I know that DG Autotech are selling the inox ones for £630 now. I am so chuffed with the car now so thanks for the nice comment. Do you have plans to get another soon? It will have to be a good one if it’s gonna be as nice as the last one :wink:

I am looking to get another this year. I have one in mind but wont reveal anymore unless it happens.

sounds interesting, Ben - I'll keep watch for that

Both cars got chufties today :D Took the Jetta to get 2 tyres replaced and when I was given the keys back I was told that the guy who fitted them loved it and wanted to buy it from me. The fitter then came over and chatted to me about the car, saying how rare it is, what lovely condition it’s in etc and told me I should do it up. I said that I already have a Corrado eating up any spare cash and he asked why I wanted a C when I had the J. The other guy then piped up and they started arguing about which is the better car :lol:

The rado’s MOT is in a couple of weeks so need to do some pre-test checks and then the nail-biting can begin... :pale:

I am looking to get another this year. I have one in mind but wont reveal anymore unless it happens.

Ahhhhh.... it's you who's after it.... :) I know which one it is but am not saying another word :)

Ahhhhh.... it's you who's after it.... :) I know which one it is but am not saying another word :)

It could well be :D

Can't wait to be back in one.

A couple more things sorted recently...

After falling out with my local garage, the MOT was sorted out without too much hassle so I have that magic green ticket for another few months :)

I’ve also been back to DG and CV boots and an ABS sensor have been replaced. He hadn’t been running well either, hesitating quite badly but that has been sorted too – he’s now sporting a different rubber carbon-canister hose (the old one was held together with lots of tape and a cable tie), some new Bosch plugs and new Dubpower leads. Very pleased to say that Dave said that the old plugs, although past it, were in good condition – a ‘nice biscuity colour’ apparently with no oil on them so I'm happy with that.

Whilst I was there, Dave also very kindly let me drive his VRT 8) What a truly outstanding car that is! I already knew what a beautiful car it is and from the Nurburgring trip, how fast it is but what a fantastic car to drive! I was driving it back from the MOT centre on my own and was too scared of doing any damage to put my foot down (which Dave seemed surprised about lol) but the acceleration and noise were awesome just under normal acceleration. Thanks again Dave, big grin! :notworthy: :mrgreen:

I also gave my C the first decent clean since last year in time for the AGM and took a couple of photos whilst I was there...

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfresized AGM Gaydon 04-04-10 1.JPG[/attachment:1nb2p8n5]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfresized AGM Gaydon 04-04-10 2.JPG[/attachment:1nb2p8n5]

resized AGM Gaydon 04-04-10 3.JPG[/attachment:1nb2p8n5]

This summer I would like to clean up the engine bay area a bit and also buy some decent wax to try to get the paintwork looking a bit shinier.

I have also made a few purchases including most of an interior. It’s the same standard black cloth as I currently have but in much, much better condition. I’m considering taking the whole interior apart over the next few months (except maybe the dash cos I know what a PITA that is!), tidying and cleaning everything up and hopefully sorting a few squeaks and rattles before putting the new (cleaned!) interior in 8)

Now off to buy 2 small, round pieces of paper, one for each car. Great birthday present to myself :lol:

Looking really good Fay, especially in the 2nd pic which just shows off blackberry paint perfectly in that light :D

I got my MOT tomorrow after 6 months SORN and I'm hoping it will pass it's 12th in a row :wink:

Nice one Fay! Shame you're not more local as I've got a box of clips, etc which I got from Neil when I bought my VR you'd be welcome to raid :(

Looking really good Fay, especially in the 2nd pic which just shows off blackberry paint perfectly in that light :D

I got my MOT tomorrow after 6 months SORN and I'm hoping it will pass it's 12th in a row :wink:

thanks Bill and well done on 12 in a row 8)

Nice one Fay! Shame you're not more local as I've got a box of clips, etc which I got from Neil when I bought my VR you'd be welcome to raid :(

ooh yes please Jim! I won't be swapping the interiors for a while yet and I'm sure I'll break/lose a few, so maybe I could buy some from you at one of the shows this summer? Would certainly save me some hassle with part numbers at the stealers!

just been through your thread very nice c you have there great colour aswell.

thanks very much Rob :D Plenty of work to be done yet, but I reckon that's half the fun! I'm looking fwd to crossing some more off the to-do list this summer :sunny: