scarlet_vr6

scarlet_vr6's blackberry!

Thanks for the birthday wishes and nice car and photo comments, guys! I've been messing around with the camera again today - attempts at more arty ones with the cherry blossom tree in full bloom in the background but they didn't work very well.

Chris, I have absolutely no idea what went in... whatever the garage uses! Is there something I should have asked for? Oh I'm such a novice!!

Don't worry im just forever observing what folk use. If it feels good im sure its good stuff :)

Thats another job I did over winter, you wouldn't want that stuff deodorant im Telling you!

Looking good fay, will look forward to some arty shots at the weekend :) and happy birthday!

Thanks for the lovely comments above.

Fantastic day at Castle Combe for the CCGB National Day and 25th Anniversary celebration a few days ago. Lovely to catch up with some friends and meet some new people too. The 3 parade laps were great and I followed them with a couple of track sessions with the instructor which were brilliant fun, as always. Think I've slightly broken my car though; the noise on full lock is horrendous, the slight idle issue is now appalling and the car cuts out from time to time. Good thing there is an imminent garage trip, but the list of work has grown. Completely worth it to roar around the track for a while, however!

A couple of photos on track, courtesy of CrazyDave (thanks Dave, love the pics, esp the first one!) and I felt I ought to photograph one of my tyres just before leaving...

Edited by scarlet_vr6

Strangely mine always feels a lot smoother after a track day. Car loosk really nice. You should have seen my tyres after a full day of it on Saturday!!!

Nice pics fay , happy birthday by the way hope you had a goid day , the track was my treat for my birthday the day after national day

Just a tought , i think if you do your headliner the glue was made by 3m

Strangely mine always feels a lot smoother after a track day. Car loosk really nice. You should have seen my tyres after a full day of it on Saturday!!!

Bet they looked terrible! I only went out for 2 shortish sessions after the parade laps, but it was great fun. Wish I'd found time to go out again but I was happy chatting to people - think I need to go on a track day when I don't know anyone!!

Nice pics fay , happy birthday by the way hope you had a goid day , the track was my treat for my birthday the day after national day

Just a tought , i think if you do your headliner the glue was made by 3m

Happy belated birthday! My birthday is actually at the end of April but I'd been very lax in saying thanks! I think it was Adrian's (Portent) birthday the day after, as I remember him saying track time was his birthday present to himself too.

Thanks for glue info for the headliner. I have to do something about it very soon as it's spitting tiny pieces of orange foam everywhere! I need to decide what colour I want though. Torn between keeping it OEM or changing it to black...

So... how about we try and get a bunch of us together and go down to the next VW/Audi Driver Track Day? There were enough folks who seemed really keen on the day for a session - maybe we could get a Corrado one put on at the next event?

Get it a bit further North please......

Oulton is a great circuit and not far off the M6 or Donnington or even Cadwell but thats a bit more out in the sticks.

Id think of doing a track day but id deffo need to do the brakes first for 312's and get a set of track wheels , i was thinking of some standard speedlines with some 888 on them and just chuck them in the boot

Like the pics Fay, and good to hear the headunit is working fine... always got to have tunes!

I'd be up for a trackday if people fancied getting some Corrado's together, sounds good.

Without meaning to clutter your gallery Fay, I'd be up for it too! Again, I'd need some better stopping power and a reasonable set of tyres though. I think Christine would wanna sit in the passenger seat which would add extra weight though, and I'd wanna keep going out to try and beat the previous time.................... it could get soooo addictive!

Well iv kind of had my heart set on 312s for a while and have thought about 288's with them fitting under standard speedlines , and after combe !! Well lets just say after there , there was no brakes so just want something thats not goin to fail

As for tyres iw was thinking of picking up a second hand set of ebay with half the tread just to destroy on track , what other options is there out of curiosity ?

I don't mind the discussion being in here, but so that everyone sees it, I've started a new thread.

Headunit is working well Mic! Thanks again for your help :)

Today I carried out a temporary repair to cure the cough my car seems to have picked up at Castle Combe - nothing complicated but chuffed to have removed parts, fixed stuff and replaced parts without breaking anything! I've been for a drive, but I made sure I had my phone and AA card with me, just in case...

Hopefully I have sourced the one part I need to get the Jetta through the MOT which means that the Corrado can be sent away for a check up and a couple of upgrades.

Also sorted out the interior light which had stopped working and placed a reasonable order with Polished Bliss for a few more potions to try.

More to do tomorrow.

Not a terribly successful Corrado day... can't fit the new grille until I put the straight slam panel on and also failed to repair the dropped headlining. This is not how I intended it to look by the end of today!

9408056175_a0f736bea4_o.jpg

It took a while but I've given the car a very thorough vacuum to remove all the tacky, orange foam which was falling from the dropped headlining and then smearing like pollen. That's one thing achieved at least!

One iphone photo from No Rice last night, courtesy of Nick Horne.

9412157313_6372c5d6b3_o.jpg

Meet was great but there was a moment of fury on the way home when I was undertaken by someone on a freshly top dressed bit of dual carriageway. The road we were on merged from the right and I was undertaken before the roads had even joined properly... he drove over the white painted triangle-y bit and absolutely peppered my car. Livid did not come close. He should be grateful that he kicked up so much dust as it stopped me from seeing the number plate and reporting him. I know the paintwork is appalling on my car (even worse now), but that really isn't the point. Glad the respray hasn't been done yet and thankful that the