Sign in to follow this  
mic_VR

Track Days

Cheers Gav, nice response and a good tip about the number plate.

I'm only in Cambridge so Kent isn't too far for me, I think I'll have to get on these mailing lists and see what offers they have.

Basically so far I think the general price for a day (open pit lane format) is about £99 per car/driver, but this goes up to about £199 for the more popular circuits. Interestingly my nearest track, Snetterton, do a evening session which sounds pretty good but not for me and my crap corrado lighting! :lol:

Actually organising a forum track day looks like it'll be a bit of a nightmare, especially as I've never been on a track myself, I can see how it didn't end up happening last time.

If people fancy doing a one, maybe not Corrado specific, maybe we could organise to book it between us on the same day and just meet up before hand?

IIRC those evening sessions are 'while there is good light' even in the winter day sessions they are timed with the daylight.

Also to keep an eye on is if they are sessioned or open pit lane. The well booked events tend to be sessioned, that is somthing like 3 groups, 20min each rotated. Which is enough for most (well, most std cars :) ) Opened is just free for all, sometimes resulting in a track to yourself!

I'd check out how many drivers/cars the event is allowing too, less the better :-)

Depending on when it is, I might be up for Silverstone.

Oh and another thing....when you do take your car rounbd any circuit be it uk or abroad, nask up or take off your number plate. Their are more and more ins companies now going to track days and noting peoples reg plates.

To be honest with you Gav I would have believed that maybe 5 or 6 years ago but nowadays there are just so many trackdays in the UK (let alone Europe) that insurers could never get to all of them. That said, the truth is that if you do bash your car up at the Ring you need to be prepared to have the car towed 20 or 30 miles away from the circuit as Insurers are not that stupid anymore.

In fact it's often the case that a quick search of t'interweb for your numberplate will show if you've been on an event with Bookatrack for example. They don't even need to take a picture anymore.

Congratulations on the engagement to you both BTW.

John

Did you read the first page of this thread Dom?

:multi: :multi: :multi:

Er *cough* I read the first post :lol:

I'll get back in my box now...

hi can give a thumbs up for castle combe not in the vr but in the ur quattro ,

great fun and really nice track ,

i want to do the ring thou always have will get round to it one day me hopes :)

I will deffo be up for a track day wherever it may be :D Silverstone would be my first choice as I live just down the road from there, Can even hear the F1 from my bedroom window

Any progress with the track day idea?

Unfortunately I've been too busy at work to sort anything on this, but I'll try to look into it a bit further when I get a bit more time as I'd love to get out on the track. 8)