24V Renshaw

24V Renshaw - 24V V6 - Just read the whole thread!!!!

A bloke in Birmingham who I bought the front seats from. However I am going to be doing it myself on a lot of it, as I now have access to a leather sewing machine and have a couple of spare hides to play with.

Jay

A bloke in Birmingham who I bought the front seats from. However I am going to be doing it myself on a lot of it, as I now have access to a leather sewing machine and have a couple of spare hides to play with.

Jay

I have shot gun'd that sewing machine that I think you are talking about young man.... :twisted:

smart as a carrot - only it would be no good for someone as filthy as me.

I would have it up the naffs in minutes :)

Yeah I know, not the most practical colour!! Got a mechanics seat cover as one of my christmas pressies, thats the only way I can use the car as a daily driver, for things like going to the breakers yard!!

When I am in dirty clothes I can just chuck the cover over and not worry about it! Sorted. GF has been banned from wearing new jeans in the car though! :)

Jay

Cheers Gman,

There is still a bit of work to get the TT dash looking right with the cream leather interior, but I will post photos once its done, see what everyone thinks.

Jay

Yep, car is filthy again from all the mileage. :(

Its a bit heavier now too after all the food I have consumed!

Jay

lol, good stuff. Same applies to me I think, too much turkey...

Jay, imagine when u got blue jeans on and its been raining and u HAVE to get in the car......thats an good hour os cleaning specially if u got ya girlfriend with ya...... :(

Anyway, back to the car! :)

LOOKING GOOD

jus wanted to kno the rear part of the exhaust,,, is it something u did yourself or did u use another backbox to hide the tail.. or is it a secret 8)

I just modified a standard G60 back box, bit of chopping, two bits of tubing, bit of welding, job done.

I am going to do another one soon as the baffles are going in this one.

Jay

Just thought I should let everyone know that I have started my 24v V6 install. The G60 is out, the brakes, wheels and suspesion are out as is most of the interior.

I will be installing a complete 24v V6 from a MK4 Golf 4motion, along with the entire wiring loom, right the way through to the rear lights as well as the full climate control system and ABS system, which will include the EPS and traction control.

I am fitting all new VR6 suspension, bushes, bearings, balljoints, steering rack, discs, gearbox etc.. so it will be a brand new car in terms of running gear. Finally the engine bay will be getting painted as will the underside of the bonnet!

I will try and post of pictures of every stage just to show you all whats going on. I have a deadline of 24th April to finish by, so I can take it to Worthersee 2 weeks later! :) :twisted:

Jay