24V Renshaw

24V Renshaw - 24V V6 - Just read the whole thread!!!!

Cheers G-lader

Thing is thats where it starts. :) Nothing wrong with buying coilovers and wheels, or even just putting a new set of number plates on. As long as people are modding and enjoying Corrados then its all good.

Jay

jay, Been away for 4 months now and not seen a single C! jus logged on to refresh and to see what your up to..

When you said you were gonna do a 24v v6 conversion i jus thought you would drop it in! plug it into your dash and drive - never crossed my mind that once again you would throw out the rule book! i'm impressed and looking foward to seeing it in oct'.. i'm sure you know worthesee is loming tho! you'll be fine -pull a few all nighters and i suppose alex has better things to do at the moment than demand your attention! ;-) hook me up with some more pics m8..

Si

Good to hear from you mate. You must have known I wouldn't just put the engine in!

I am lucky Alex is busy at the moment, I can see myself spending longer and longer in the evenings on getting the car done and I think I will be pushing it a bit with her by the end! :)

Engine bay is now in 2K primer, spent all evening flatting the primer down ready for paint this weekend.

Jay

Just a quick update. The engine bay has been 2K primered and sealered around the new MK4 firewall panel and then was painted today, so I can now start fitting everything up tomorrow. I will post pics at each stage of re-fitting everything, so you can see what goes where on a 24v install.

Cheers

Jay

Jay,

I would really like to congratulate your efforts - the attention to detail is really superb and you rightly say it will be a new car, dare I say it the way the C should be. Well done bud.

Cheers mate. I figured if I post up details of what I am doing people will appreciate I am not just dumping in a 24v, but making as good a job of it as I can.

Jay

Cheers mate. I figured if I post up details of what I am doing people will appreciate I am not just dumping in a 24v, but making as good a job of it as I can.

Jay

respect to you mate a fantastic job,this is one of those car that i really appreciate because the owner has done all the work himself and not been affraid to try something different :D 8) 8) .

What can i say matie, besides mmmm 8)

When you gonna be round to start on mine :?:

looking good J... don't mean to pick holes but can I see a tiny bit of blue showing through just off center under the screen? ;)

Hi mate, read through all 20 pages of this the other day(cant be bothered to that usually) - good choice of colour and mods on the car.

i'm real keen on the 'modern corrado' idea ur developing so keep up the hard work and i cant wait to see it all in.

Looks like some sort of juicy sweet! Nice work (again :roll: )

Dude! I can't even get that mk2 going!

Oh well.. can't wait to see those pollished Allegro 14"s on it Jay! :ignore:

Cheers Marcus. Will be at the shows hopefully this summer so you can see it then.

Nick (skunklook) - Give me a bell about the MK2 mate, I am sure it will be something obvious.

Jay

Oh well thats it, I am going to scrap the shell. :)

Jay

Its alot of work your doing, wouldn't be a great deal of extra work to do a job properly. I've seen this car at E38 and it looked stunning but didn't bare upto close inspection and was obviously a DIY effort. Think thats the point Phil K is making.

Its alot of work your doing, wouldn't be a great deal of extra work to do a job properly. I've seen this car at E38 and it looked stunning but didn't bare upto close inspection and was obviously a DIY effort. Think thats the point Phil K is making.

Comon rob stop hiding your feelings and tell us what you really think lol

Just telling it how it is. I could say "oohh that nice :wink: ), your so clever" but thats not the truth is it. Just giving honest feedback. I've judged cars before (RST series 1, at ford fair 2003) and expect high standard if a car is entered into a show to be judged. There nothing wrong with my comments, happy to back them up with a list of bad points i spotted if ya like.

Think thats the point Phil K is making.

Just to make the point that my comment was purely sarcastic and IMO doing all the work your self and creating something NEVER BEFORE DONE is better than 10 show winning "perfect" cheque book cars...