24V Renshaw

24V Renshaw - 24V V6 - Just read the whole thread!!!!

The bay will be sprayed, but there is a bit of work to do first to allow the fitment of all the 24v V6 bottles, pipe work etc..

Jay

Just popped into the stealers for a costing of a load of the parts I need from VW.

02A Gearbox gasket set

2 02A Main drive bearings

Gearbox sealing paste

24v V6 engine cover

24v V6 Sump

Pair of front wheel bearings

Pair of VR6 Inner CV joints

Pair of VR6 Outer CV joints

Both Front Lower Ball Joints

Both Tie Rod ends

Rear Engine Mount

VR6 Radiator

VR6 Top Bearings

Total of £970!! :)

Still at least it will mean everything is brand new.

Jay

Jay you probably know this already but ECP will blow the main dealer pricing on all of this. If you ring the mail order centre in Wembley and ask for trade discount you may get upto 20% off of the std ECP pricing.

Cheers,

Rik.

V6 is ready to be stripped down for a new cambelt, paint and tidy up.

err not wanting to be picky jay but the v6 doesnt actually *have* a cambelt :)

the boys at Breeze mentioned you'd been in for an armful of stuff for your latest trick.......can't wait to see it

And yes, between you and PhatVR6 we should christen the MKIV Corrado soon :changes:

Just got my first couple of bits from the powder coaters and all I can say is WOW!! They look brand new. The subframe and wishbones don't look bad :)

Pick the rest up tomorrow then I can start putting the new steering rack on, all the new poly bushes, ball joints etc..

Jay

Amazing the difference from the rusting bits that you dropped off. Couldnt believe how good my bits looked.

PS, I've got the right collection of big washers, studding etc needed to get all those bushes in if you need them. The front cross member bushes are a bugger.

Well I figured as everything is going to be brand new I might aswell do a proper job!

Cheers for the offer Andy but I have bought a 12 tonne press so will be using that. :)

Out of interest Jay, how much did powder coating the subframe cost you ball park figure?

How heat resistant is powder coating, would it be acceptable to get a rocker cover done this way?

I had a big pile of bits beed blasted then powder coated satin black. That included the subframe, wishbones, modified pedal box, front crossmember, rad support, front ARB, brake disc guards, power steering pipe and a box full of little clamps and brackets. All for £100 cash. Which considering how good they have come out is a bargain.

It is pretty heat resitant, can't see why it could not be used for a rocker cover, although would you not be better getting it anodised being ally?

Jay

Thanks... Wow that is cheap, Anodising is an option but the metal finish of my rocker cover is bad and pitted. Thought the powder coating would create a smoother finish.

I've painted the VSR inlet with etch primer and vinyl heat resisting paint which looks and has lasted ok, but for some reason the same effect on the rocker cover hasn't :-(

Thought I would post up a little pic of a bit of a mod to my firewall. :)

Basically this will allow me to mount all the MK4 stuff properly and give me the holes through into the car for the aircon and the wiring loom.

Hopefully the engine bay will be primered, sealered and painted by easter weekend, so I can start putting stuff in.

Jay

Sort of, I bought a brand new one having established that I was going to be able to use it. The one from the 24v Golf ended up a bit bent by the time I managed to get it out. They are stuck in with sikaflex and are a nightmare to remove.

Jay

Yep, I did a trial fit of the aircon unit, giving me the position of the two centre mounting bolts, that gave me a datum. The panel then keeps everything in the right place relative to that point. Big decision to make, but I want it all to be factory and work as it should, so it had to be done. :)

Jay

Mucho respect Jay. Using the Mk 4 stuff do you reckon that would go behind a Corrado Dash?

Yes, I used to have it behing mine. I had the full MK4 climate control set-up behind my Corrado dash. I have also installed it in Guy Hartley and Andi Taylors Corrados.

Jay

why didn't you use the whole mk4 bulkhead? then you could have used the mk4 pedal boz and brake servo too.

That was the original intention but it doesn't quite work that easily phat. Believe me, we spent a lot of time working out the most effective and simple way. If I had fitted the whole panel the brake servo would have had to move down which would have meant it would have fouled on the inner arch. As it is it fits perfectly. I am using all MK4 stuff in the pedal box, the only difference is the actual mounting for the brake pedal inside is a modified corrado unit.

Jay

there's some pretty incredible conversions being done to C's in people's garages @ homes at the moment - this one, Phats syncro etc.....much respect to the people that take on these jobs and I cant wait to see them at the shows when they emerge! Put us people buying coilovers and wheels to shame !