ardandy

Corrado Numbers (How Many Left)

Why would you import a Corrado, did some other country have a different spec one or something?

because I fell in love with the first one I saw- which happened to be a LHD import.... :luvlove:

Why would you import a Corrado, did some other country have a different spec one or something?

Lady moved here from Germany and brought it with her... few years down the line I got a clean Corrado a little cheaper than it should have been...

and the lituanian black G60 i saw yestersday, think there is another one near me too.

Whats the chances of that being on the DVLA database!

and the lituanian black G60 i saw yestersday, think there is another one near me too.

Whats the chances of that being on the DVLA database!

well if its wearing LT plates then there is no chance whatsoever

and in case some folk think that there was bang on 9000 Corrado's sold in the uk IIRC it was just over 9000

I Know it is just for the DVLA database. but surely if some more are seen on the UK's roads then they are worth a mention?

After speaking to someone who has DVLA database access I asked him to find out how many Corrado's are left.

These are what he came back with;

VR6 - 2830 - of which there are 625 Storms???

G60 - 1280

1.8 ex G60 - 1748

2.0 16v - 1339

2.0 8v man - 95

2.0 8v auto - 14

That's everything that is still taxed or SORN.

So bacicaly everything with a V5!

Regarding the numbers posted.

I know I've broken up a polo 20 years ago and a mk2 golf 6 years ago and currently an audi 80 which will never see the road again and I don't think the DVLA were ever informed about the first two and how many scrap yards are organised I mean I bet they'd take the shell away without even asking for the docs! so all you can really surmise is that there are less than the above. With regards to the storm figures, storms weren't a limited run were they but an end of run estimated at 500 or am I talking out my arse. I always thought storms were a sales pitch to get rid of the last of the stock, no offense meant!

What would be better would be a count of corrados which have current tax or have held tax in the last year. That's a better indication of Corrados still in use although granted enthusiast take them off the road it still gives a better indication. Can your mate do that? Also ask him how he got the Storm number!

Crap, good point.

The scrappy who took the shell I cut up didn't ask for docs, and IIRC Danny didn't give me any!

The police will be round tomorrow to slap the cuffs on for handling stolen goods and for murder one.

After speaking to someone who has DVLA database access I asked him to find out how many Corrado's are left.

These are what he came back with;

VR6 - 2830 - of which there are 625 Storms???

G60 - 1280

1.8 ex G60 - 1748

2.0 16v - 1339

2.0 8v man - 95

2.0 8v auto - 14

That's everything that is still taxed or SORN.

So bacicaly everything with a V5!

So much for VR6's being the rare ones!!!!!!!! gonna have to get me a 2.0 8v

On seconds thoughts i'll keep my baby

You can see from this http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=corrado how many are left and how many are murdered each year. Pretty much discount the Storm figures as they are just re-badged, leather-clad beasts (not that I'm jealous - much), and the DVLA mix them in with the VR6 - rightly so (ahem) IMO!

Mortality % rate

16V - 78%

G60 - 74%

Automatics - 69%

VR6 - 50%

Taken from 2001 - 2012.

4302 Corrados taxed or on a SORN.

http://classics.honestjohn.co.uk/how-many-survived/volkswagen/corrado

Honest John estimate that between 2007 and 2011 7% of all Corrados were lost every year.

I guess the decline in numbers will bottom out as the remaining cars end up in enthusiasts hands.

The How many left website makes fascinating reading. For example there are only 5700 Cortinas still registered in the UK against the millions that were sold.

That list of endangered species makes for amusing reading.http://classics.honestjohn.co.uk/top-10s/top-20-endangered-british-cars/ Happy to see that British Leyland's Allegro is at the top with only 291 to go! This has to be the top of the list when it comes to BL ineptitude, along with the Marina (Got a soft spot for the Rover SDI which I once had the pleasure in...). The BL story is a pretty sad one and is typical of British industry as a whole, with management at odds with unions at odds with politics. While Germany were agreeing with unions to freeze pay and increase productivity, we were busy making cups of tea and standing around a brazier. When we weren't doing that we were making pretty rubbish cars. So, good riddance Allegro. Roll over Allegro, make space for a well made classic - the Corrado.