Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

Undercover Buggers!

Well walking from the DLR station to the office today and two uniformed cops were sat at the traffic lights by Tower of London lights in...

An unmarked Scooby STi (Pink badges).. if that wasn't bad enough it also had a block of "Chav/Ricer style" decals on the Doors! You know the list of all the parts they wish they had!

Closer look and lights behind grille and small LEDS infront of rear headrests...

Seriously upset if I got pulled by that! :shock:

Kent police have 2 scoobys and 2 evo 10`s, all are battenburg marked with roof lights on them as well

Mate of mine got pulled by an unmarked focus ST at hams hall. Sneaky b*%&ards!!!!

buncha pigs. :lol:

Bit stereo typical, seeing as its the police who look for your missing child, or stop someone from punching your head in!

Bit stereo typical, seeing as its the police who look for your missing child, or stop someone from punching your head in!

....and the fact that there are police that use this forum.

^ are you a "Red cap" per chance "monkey" :D I have run away from them many times in Detmold and Hamlin :D

:lol: ..lighten up. :lol: Half my family and half my best mates are on the force...did you not observe the joking ' :lol: ' on the end?

Most kids arent recovered and you cant be at the scene of every assault...too much paperwork and doughnuts to munch LOL

:lol: sorry that was meant to read police punching your head in :lol:

Support the police....beat yourself up

I think the police force come in for too much of a hard time, however I totally disagree with unmarked patrol cars.

Surely the aim of patrol cars is to visible and moderate driving standards of other road users helping to improve safety for everyone.

Unmarked cars IMHO are only out there to catch people - surely prevention is better than catching. I often feel sorry for people caught by unmarked cars but have absolutely no sympathy for those caught by highly visible marked cars

Perhaps the purpose of unmarked cars is to help disguise the fact that most motorway patrol officers are amongst the worst middle lane hoggers that I come across - their driving standards seem to have deteriorated pretty badly in recent times.

Driving in excess of 1,000 miles per weeks I've developed a sixth sense for spotting umarked cars, its actually not that difficult, also helps that I tend not to spend too much time over the limit anyway nowadays

Driving in excess of 1,000 miles per weeks I've developed a sixth sense for spotting umarked cars, its actually not that difficult, also helps that I tend not to spend too much time over the limit anyway nowadays

Yeah quite easy once you know which make, model to look out for even. Even look out for dash mounted cameras, extra side mirrors or rear view mirrors. Theres alot of Astras, with steal wheels that the police use knocking about leeds. Also the dreaded dark blue Volvo estate! I poop myself everytime i see a dark coloured volvo coming towards me or driving behind me.

Sometimes the biggest give away are the coppers in unmarked cars, BUT are wearing uniform. Go figure!?

Cheshire police even have an unmarked car with a personal plate on it, numbers being 999. Cheshire seem to be sneakier than most, seen them running Octavias, Volvo S60's, current BM 3 series etc, not necessarily in the usual dark blue or silver either.

Big giveaways for me is additional equipment around rear view mirror and no dealer sticker in the window or on numberplate

I can't say ive noticed any undercover cop cars down here in sunny Cornwall, allthough you see alot more police in general around the Run To The Sun weekend but they do make themselves known, as you can see in the pic they sometimes even park themselves next to a big sign :eek:

DSC000191-1.jpg