Sign in to follow this  
MK1Campaign

VR quickshift?

Out of interest and slightly related, is there a difference between the shifter in early and late cars? My valver has a far better shift than the VR, and I was thinking about using the shift mech (Well, lever and maybe cables) from my breaker in the VR when I rebuild it?

Does anyone have one of these fitted and where did you get it?. Are they worth it?. Cant say im a fan of the standard shift.

Didn't H8RRA used to make them or something?

Look at Deisel Geeks, I'm pretty sure ther's a guide there.

Gruvenparts do a kit that reduces side to side motion by 35% I believe. it replaces the plastic arm on the gearbox shift tower.

I've had a Dieselgeek one for about a year now, it's excellent, the fitting was a bit difficult and involved surgery with the Dremel to get it to fit, but well worth the effort.

made at least a dozen now by modidng std equipment or one form a passat.

never break and work perfectly.

I've got the Gruvenparts alloy sideways short shift but haven't got around to fitting it yet. Hope to do that over the w/e maybe if I can sneak out undetected.

There's a B & M kit. Haven't tried it, tho'. I think Jabba have them. Have a look : http://www.jabbasport.com/product_detail.asp?CategoryID=49

If anyone's got one on their Corrado, I'd be interested in their feedback on it.

I've also modded quite a few in the past and have today just finished modding one for my car.

I've got the Gruvenparts alloy sideways short shift but haven't got around to fitting it yet. Hope to do that over the w/e maybe if I can sneak out undetected.

There's a B & M kit. Haven't tried it, tho'. I think Jabba have them. Have a look : http://www.jabbasport.com/product_detail.asp?CategoryID=49

If anyone's got one on their Corrado, I'd be interested in their feedback on it.

The B&M kit has a pretty poor rep on here. I was thinking about one, but a lot of people seem to have had problems with them - try a search. Ended up with the Dieselgeek kit which is basically a modded standard one plus a sideways travel reduction as well. Very happy with it, nice, short, positive shift, feels great.

Thanks for that Mystic Rado. I've emailed Dieselgeeks for one but there's only 2 kits shown on their website - Mk4 and 6 speed. Fingers crossed.

Is there a Neumann one? I have one of those on my Mk2 and it works v.well.

That's very neat mod and not so difficult - just a bit of cutting and welding.

Looks like Dieselgeeks don't make them anymore, so it's either the B & M or DIY. Where's my torch......?

Looks like Dieselgeeks don't make them anymore, so it's either the B & M or DIY. Where's my torch......?

Well theres another option, but im not sure if this is any good, haven't heard much about it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gruven-Stainless-VR6-Cable-Gearbox-Short-Shift_W0QQitemZ130205176819QQihZ003QQcategoryZ9889QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Well theres another option, but im not sure if this is any good, haven't heard much about it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gruven-Stainless-VR6-Cable-Gearbox-Short-Shift_W0QQitemZ130205176819QQihZ003QQcategoryZ9889QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

that only reduces the side to side movement...