Sign in to follow this  
dirtytorque

g60 power torque figures(68mm setup)

Anyone running a 68mm pulley on their G ?

Yes :)

What power/torque are you making @ the crank,and at what rpm?

Er, will let you know after the Stealth r/r day in April :oops:

My previous G60 had the same pulley (but not the SNS chip that I have now), and at the time it was allegedly 190bhp and 200lbft, although not verified...

I'm keen to find out myself tbh.

Anyone running a 68mm pulley on their G ?

Yes :)

What power/torque are you making @ the crank,and at what rpm?

Er, will let you know after the Stealth r/r day in April :oops:

My previous G60 had the same pulley (but not the SNS chip that I have now), and at the time it was allegedly 190bhp and 200lbft, although not verified...

I'm keen to find out myself tbh.

yeah I hear it is in the 185 bhp to 195 ball park just wondered if anyone had a power run graph or at least the respective torque and bhp high points.... :)

I've got a 68mm pulley and SNS chip, was going to get my graph out when i get home. Put out 179bhp and 199ft/lbs but thats all i can remember.

What figures are you after or just interested in the graph?!

I've got a 68mm pulley and SNS chip, was going to get my graph out when i get home. Put out 179bhp and 199ft/lbs but thats all i can remember.

I was after a proven set of bhp/torque figures like you have just posted. :thumb right:

I'd like to see your graph if you don't mind so I can see at what rpm it made these figures.

Are u on standard injectors and do u have a fmic?

sorry for all the questions but thanks for your help.

I am running a fmic with a 68mm pully, ported charger and sns chip. had 202bhp I think about a year ago.

Am just going to have a look in my members gallery as am pretty sure I put a graph up on there..

Back in a mo :lol:

I was after a proven set of bhp/torque figures like you have just posted. :thumb right:

I'd like to see your graph if you don't mind so I can see at what rpm it made these figures.

Are u on standard injectors and do u have a fmic?

sorry for all the questions but thanks for your help.

That was just running standard everything including charger (apart from chip and pulley)

No probs with the graph i'll look it out 2night and post up later.

No FMIC but will be soon :twisted:

Back again.

Knew I had one somewhere.................

thats a great help as we have a nearly identical setup.

Thanks alot.

p.s blue line is the torque curve?

yup. it is.

Shame really as she felt really good them. Much quicker. Now I want more as I have got used to it.............

Bugger :lol:

No FMIC but will be soon :twisted:

cheers.

well worth it imo.

Gave me about another 20bhp. Mind you my standard intercooler was like a sieve :lol:

yup. it is.

Shame really as she felt really good them. Much quicker. Now I want more as I have got used to it.............

Bugger :lol:

Lots of example of that round these here parts.

We're never statisfied.

:)

I have a ported head sitting in the garage that I picked up of egay for pennies. Turned out that is off an 8v 1.8 golf gti....... But has been set up to run on a g60. the boys that look after my c rekons she could be better than my standard head.........

Might have to get that on soon. :lol:

My car was dyno'd at Stealth back in 2004. It made 180.8 bhp @ 5699 and 174.1 lb ft @ 4502 on the second run. My car was standard apart from a Miltek exhaust. Vince said the pulley looked standard and Optimax would help further. I'll dig out the graph.

I've got a SNS chip and 68mm pulley waiting to be installed. Ive just finished the FMIC. Once the charger has been rebuilt I'll get it done again.

Does anyone know what tolerance was on the original bhp figures?

at janspeed i managed to make 170bhp and 177lbs ft at the wheels, just with sns chip, decat, ported charger and 68mm pulley, no idea at the crank tho? the chip and pulley made a great differenc when G-werks fitted it 8)

Feel left out so thought I'd post anyways, I'm sure dirtytorque won't mind me messing up his thread. :)

I made 191.57bhp@wheels@5700rpm and 198.39ft-lbs@wheels@4100rpm but I cheated I had a 65mm, K&N panel filter and stock new G60 SC, Golf G60 FMIC and pipework, a G-werks manifold and through custom pipewerx 3 box SS exhaust, and custom audi 80 diesel oilcooler and SNS chip.

Ahhh, that felt good. 8)

Hi, hope this helps, my car made 191.6bhp and at the flywheel last year at stealth racing on a warmish day, vince said the standard corrado intercooler was really struggling to cope and was holding her back! Mods done

K&N panel filter

standard charger (rebuilt at pistops)

68mm pulley + sls tuning chip (German company)

Supersprint exhaust + cat bypass

modification to arch (behind intercooler) to help reduce heat soak (thanks for the tip Darren!)

ported throttle body inlet

80 degree fan switch and thermostat (keeps oil temp below 100 degrees c !)

will be fitting a Golf G60 front mount intercooler soon Hopefully will help get those inlet tempertures down a little and give me a few more ponies, well with any luck :lol:

hi

got the same sort of setup

stage 4 charger 68 mm pulley rsr on the back of the charger sns chip sprint exhuast k&n panel filter

and i got 168 bhp at the wheels the 190 to 200 must be at the fly wheel which rolling road people can dail whatever figure into the machine to give your final output hence its always better to quote at the wheels figure

most gearbox and drive trains lose about 20% to 15% so you can always work out what your flywheel figure is from that

hope this helps

stu