Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Dremel drilly things?

thinking of getting one of these, will help clean up my brake calipers, plus am sure i can use it on other things like the land rover

anyone got one? are they any good?

thinking of getting Dremel 8000-01 Lithium-Ion Cordless

seen it in a deal with spare batt, lots of attachments, and some other stuff for about £140

Cordless one is good - I have the older one but take a while to charge...

for more heavy duty stuff I am now using a corded one - B&Q were doing a really good deal over xmas for £49 with dremel in a tool box with the flexible shaft and various accessories... they may still have some left!

the cordless one i seen comes with two batteries, is that why you changed? because you run out of power, or are the corded ones more powerful to begin with?

Corded ones are more powerful. I've got a corded Black and Decker one I'm happy with, used it quite a bit.

this is a new one apparantely, with new type of battery?

not sure now, should i get get a corded one

this is a new one apparantely, with new type of battery?

not sure now, should i get get a corded one

So it's probably better than previous ones, but won't be any replacement for one running from mains juice.

after this thread i bought a dremel, corded one in the end

DSC00534.jpg

the results

must of had these for months now, taken ages to clean them up...but they now ready :lol:

DSC00623.jpg

DSC00622.jpg

when i got them

DSC00297.jpg

Just bought one of these myself. Ended up getting the 300. Just used to cut some clamps off an exhaust. Worked a treat and the discs dont wear done that quick, unlike the rotarzip that i have also got. Very eary to handle, even came with the bendable extension. Which one did you get 3corsameal, whats the attachment you have there?

GOing to get the diamond cutting disc. I cant see you needing another disc to cut metal, though at £25 its not cheap.

Just bought one of these myself. Ended up getting the 300. Just used to cut some clamps off an exhaust. Worked a treat and the discs dont wear done that quick, unlike the rotarzip that i have also got. Very eary to handle, even came with the bendable extension. Which one did you get 3corsameal, whats the attachment you have there?

GOing to get the diamond cutting disc. I cant see you needing another disc to cut metal, though at £25 its not cheap.

think mine is a 400 something, i can't remember, it has a digital screen and you can set the rpm from 5000 to 33,000rpm

got the planer attachment with it, bought the diamond wheel cutter too, want the bendable thing :lol:

i got the attachments through an ebay shop

i think i spent more on attachments than the dremel :lol:

broke loads already :nuts:

What you been doing to break them?

Yeah i want that diamond cutter, you used it yet? Cant believe the prices of some of the tools. Though the £25 for the diamond one will be worth it.

am sure i got the diamond wheel for about £12

i just used grinding stones that were softer than metal on metal, and the tips just disappeared

broke a couple of cutting discs using them at a funny angle, some drill bits i snapped and the wire brush vanished as i touched it on some sharp metal and shot all the metal wires into my hands :lol: