Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

Top Gear Article - VR6 Corrado

Chris..

I am going to find some way / place of uploading the AVI so please bear with me till I can sort it out. I won't be able to sort anything till later tonite as I am working till 8pm! :(

Thought it would have been alot longer, but the car was a clean example...

The toyata feature made me :lol: :lol: :lol:

kevhaywire wrote:

They wouldn't have time to feature all 3 engine types.

3? 1.8 16V, 1.8 G60, 2.0 16V, 2.0 8V, 2.9VR6... I make that 5 standard engine types!

Don't forget the "smaller" brothers, they're still a world class car no matter what powerplant they've got under the bonnet!

Does the 2.0 8v count as an engine tho??? - I drove one once and was overtaken by a Bus, 2 Lorrys, 4 cylists, a Kid on a skate board and had 2 traffic wardens trying to give me a parking ticket when I was going flat out!

Does the 2.0 8v count as an engine tho??? - I drove one once and was overtaken by a Bus, 2 Lorrys, 4 cylists, a Kid on a skate board and had 2 traffic wardens trying to give me a parking ticket when I was going flat out!

Meow! :wink: :lol:

I'd bet they're still faster than the 1.6 MKII golf driver I'm pootling around in at the moment... And a damn site nicer inside and out! :roll: :lol:

I know I'd rather be in any Corrado than this Golf... :(

Well for me the Corrado isn't just about the engines.. its how bloody good it looks outside too :)

That's cause you can't drive and you were in reverse.... :lol:

I don't think an 8V is anything to be ashamed of. On today's over-crowded roads and overpriced petrol, it actually makes the most sense.

It may be the diet version but it's just as handsome as it's brawnier brothers.

K

Well for me the Corrado isn't just about the engines.. its how bloody good it looks outside too :)

That's what I always liked about them, the looks's! I've never been mechanically minded so what's under the bonnet is not really that important to me, hence why I bought a 1.8 16v. It's great fun to drive and looks fantastic. Also driving on the M27 every morning and evening in rush hour it does not matter what badge is on the grill/boot, everything goes at 20mph anyway!

i saw top gear when the vr6 was first made and clarkson did the test drive he loved it and even wore a black arm band on top gear when they stopped making them .....last nights clip of the corrado was short but great to see it on there long live the corrado .......p.s what was that bit about being reliable perhaps i should send them my bill from stealth for my full engine rebuild that would but people off .

Yeah.. the 'reliable' comment made me chuckle a little bit as well ;)

Though I think the majority of problems crop up from either previous owners who neglected the car / didn't maintain it properly, or from garages who just don't know what the hell they are doing.. and end up creating more problems.

Those who have owned the C from (nearly) new seem to find them rather more reliable than those who have picked up ones with a mixed history or wide variety of owners.

Those who have owned the C from (nearly) new seem to find them rather more reliable than those who have picked up ones with a mixed history or wide variety of owners.

Tell me about it ... :(

Still, we're getting there...

I really hate to tempt fate, but the only money I've spent in the last year other than normal wear and tear items is a door handle and a wiper mechanism.

Total is around £55.

Full VWSH with a service about every 3k miles :)

Tell me about it ... :(

Still, we're getting there...

Well I know all too well.. as some of the guys on here know, the financial burden of my Corrado was the main reason why it went.

I had to fix so many things in the one year I owned it.. and when I ended up with just no cash in my pocket at the START of every month, I knew it was time for it to go! Sunk around £2000 into in repairs alone.. great huh?

But if I was to save up for a Corrado.... and now that my insurance is much better... and now that I earn more money than before, I am sure I could do better a 2nd time around :)

I have a spare copy on video, as I had asked a mate at work to do the honours, just in case my vid decided to pack in. You can never be too safe :D 8)