Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

They've done it now!!!!

I have a 1990 16V rado and my mate has a mk4 Golf Gti, non turbo model. We've both had some problems with our cars and were hankering for more power. He wanted the turbo golf and i was looking at ibiza cupra's. However, we both decided to keep going, to stick with what we'd got. However, last week one of the lads at work bought himself a mk4 r32, which made the want for more power greater. But we both decided to stick with what we've got. But yesterday my cousin turned up in his 03 plate 225 TT quattro. Its killed me. I think i need a newer generation dub. I love the rado, and i know that spending £12-£14k on an S3/TT/GTI is alot of money, buts its very very tempting to do so.

Just wish they'd kept their boring normal cars so that i would still be happy with mine :lol:

I love the rado, and i know that spending £12-£14k on an S3/TT/GTI is alot of money, buts its very very tempting to do so.

It is.. until you realise that's about £400+ a month on finance, before you fuel / insure / tax the damn thing. I'd love a new performance dub but they're just not priced for the average joe!

Awesome reckon on around £6k-£7k for an R32 conversion into a Rado!

But you do end up with a newer car for your money. I'll never sell the C but that doesn't mean I'll not buy something else to use for every day driving, also allowing me to park up the Corrado and do enough work on it to get through another couple of years use before repeating the process. Most Corrados are now getting to an age where they don't benefit from use as a daily.

Cheaper than an S3! :)

Sold my 51 plater last July for £8250, you'll pick up a good pre facelift one for less. And no matter how much I like the Corrado, the S3 was in a different league.

Just wish they'd kept their boring normal cars so that i would still be happy with mine :lol:

Ah ha, the old 'keeping up with the jones's' syndrome - it's seems to be what keeps everyone going out and spending money they haven't actually got.

Sod what your mates are driving dude, just live within your means and enjoy what you've got for what it is :)

My cousin sold his Focus for £3.5k, has £1k savings, then got a loan on the rest. Is costing him £277 a month for the TT. Daft thing is im paying £240 a month in loans anyway! Although most of that is from past cars, such as the £5k loan i took out at 18 to buy my saxo vtr (my bad). Cost me £3.5k to buy and £1.5k to insure. I spent £2k on 'improving' it, and then after a year i sold it for £2k. So i lost £5k in a year, not the best thing to do at 18!!

Then that was extended by £2k for the rado, then the engine rebuild...........all adds up

I agree with Walesy on the keeping up with the jones'es syndrome. And finance is a crock anyway, TOTAL moneypit, I bought a pug 106 4 years ago on hp, never again, not on any car, youre paying off the cost of the car and then interest on top and meanwhile its losing value! That seems crazy to me!

Yup, fallen foul of this too & am still paying for those daft decisions. I too shelled out a fortune on a french car (206 GTI), then sold it 18 months later for about half the price I'd paid for it. All because I tried to keep up with some mates who had faster cars.

Currently looking to get something cheap to run as a daily drive, as I agree, it's now getting to old to be run daily & the last thing I want is to run the raddo into the ground :(

My mates just bought a 996 GT3 so there's no way I can compete with that! Still, I 'd rather buy some rear tyres or brake discs for the Vr than a GT3 ;-)

Borrowing money is always crippling, don't ever live beyond your means, it's just not worth it.

*agrees with Walesy*

p.s. student loans don't count...

p.p.s. what's with all the new emoticons!! Doesn't dinkus have a real job? :lol:

My other mate turned up in his £8k celica tonight too. Plenty of bodyroll in the corners and torque steer, and doesnt feel much faster than my rado.

Wont be rushing out to buy one of those :lol: