Sign in to follow this  
louis robinson

laserline 996

I have a laserline alarm/immobiliser fitted and everything works apart from noise! My car has remote central locking now which works fine, the indicators flash twice for locking and once for unlocking, the panic feature works, but theres no noise! if i listen carefully in the bonnet there is a small siren going off when i set off the alarm but is there a volume switch or something cause i can`t work it out? PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Ive a laserline, if you mean it doesn't beep when you lock or unlock it you can turn them back on by unlocking the car with the remote, get in and close the door, turn on the ignition then open the door again press the button to arm the alarm and the alarm light will flash once if you've got it right and you will have arming tones again.

If on the other hand you mean your siren doesn't work at all I ain't a clue..

Hope this helps though!

Louis I had just the same problem. Try turning the key switch on the top of the alarm speaker to the other setting- this worked on mine. You might notice that it only makes the sound when the alarm thinks the bonnet is open- press the bonnet switch and it could stop. In the end it got fixed when my car went in for a some accident damage repair- when it came back the 'faint siren' noise had stopped and the alarm was MUCH louder :shock: :D . I can only guess they cleaned up a bad connection/ earth?

Cheers

Mike

Laserline 996 is a CAT1 alarm and will not have any key switches on the siren at all.

Sounds to me like your system is faulty - how old is the alarm ? Still under warranty ?

I would have it repaired asap - If the alarm control unit becomes faulty your car may not start.

Laserline 996 is a CAT1 alarm and will not have any key switches on the siren at all.

Steve- The 996 is the name of the alarm module. This can be linked up to more than one model of alarm siren. My car has a 996 CAT 1 alarm unit linked to a 904 siren unit- This definitely has a key operated function on top of the siren- I am just not entirely sure what it does :? . The key slot is hidden under a dustcap mind!!

Cheers

Mike

Ah, I may be able to help on this one.

There are 2 settings on the alarm siren which are selected by using the key that comes with the system.

1. This allows the system to make all the right beeping noises and the siren to sound quietly.

2. As above, but the siren runs at full volume.

From personal experience, make sure you have on the quiet setting before sticking your head under the bonnet....

sorry to piggyback this but I have a laserline 996 and occasionally when I lock the car it gives 3 (I think) short beeps at 10 second intervals and after a minute the alarm goes off, I can't find anything about this alarm code in the manual and I can't find a dealership in Derby that services them anymore, Halfords used to but no longer. Help?

Anyone got the DIP switch settings for the 996?

My mechanic was getting p1ssed off with the alarm auto-arming while he was working on the car. So he flicked them all to Zero.

Still arms, beeps etc. But the locking pulse isn't long enough now to roll up the windows and close the sunroof fully.

Got the Laserline 996 Dip switch settings on t'internet.

Here they are....

Las996-993p2.jpg[/attachment:2qbghh2d]

Hi,

Did you just find the dip switch settings on the internet or any other usefull info about the 996?

Cant seem to find anything and been looking for ages!

Thanks

Marvin