Sign in to follow this  
dukest

Formula 1 back on the BBC!!

Hoo-bloody-raa! I didn't mind it on ITV a couple of seasons back where the had semi-frequent 1 ad breaks, but they way they do it now is just annoying!

Lets hope they put it on BBC HD as well. 8)

Yeh, we can dream... but can you see Mr F1 allowing all those extra pixels for free! :scrambleup:

Yeh, we can dream... but can you see Mr F1 allowing all those extra pixels for free! :scrambleup:

And not only that but you're assuming that they actually shoot it in HD .. !

Apart from the adverts DURING the live race, :censored: , will the coverage on the BBC be as good?

Will we get qualifying laps, full live race coverage, highlights programme on the BBC? :?

And not only that but you're assuming that they actually shoot it in HD .. ![/quote:3paeu7eu]

Good point, it will rely on the local tv company..

i imagine it`ll all be on the magic red button, not so good for sky+ unless they put it on bbc 37 aswell

The coverage on the beeb was pretty poor - 15mins of qualifying and no real build up or analysis. I think besides the adverts and EXTREME bias towards Button and now Hamilton (which I don't mind as much as he actually has the skill to warrant the attention) that ITV have done an excellent job. Martin Brundle is fantastic and I really hope the bbc poach him - but James Allen can GTF!

Using "the Chain" theme again would be amazing!

I think that the F1 circus have all of their own HD gear that they shoot each race in already, but as to whether they give the BBC access to that material is a different question lol.

Bringing back The Chain would be awesome though :)

Ah i c, think it used to be the local studios as I recall more than once the commentators slating the TV companies for having baised producers at various venues. Well, it would certainly be a proper use for the somewhat dull HD preview channel!

hammond to host it according to the times today hmm i`m not sure if he is `serious` enough we`ll see?

as long as clarkson doesn`t pop in and ruin everything by making it a farce (which i love on TG)

At Last! prehaps we will get some decent commentators on the BBC instead of "James nobody" the 1/2 witted Bufont haired ponce who cant even drive! Martin Brundle is alright i suppose but he is a has been and the sport has changed a lot since he was a "nearly run" in a minow team :lol:

Micheal schumacher and Johnny Herbert would be a good combo as they dont like each other :norty: Damon Hill is too boring, Mansell is a pensioner, Alesi you cant understand!, maybe Jenson Button could do it? surely hes better at interviews than driving? or maybe they can have Coultard when he retires? every other prominent section of society is being run by the Scots so might aswell monopolise tv programmes too :grin: