Sign in to follow this  
paul20v

daily or garaged

Daily or Weekend / Summer Toy...?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Daily or Weekend / Summer Toy...?

206 @ 180k:

xin_2812021510313853261713.jpg

And I kinda like peugeots! I know they definitely aren't made to last like our cars are though. When the diff in my 205 went bang at 140k, the garage just said "oh, peugeot only rates their gearboxes to 100k, after that you're on borrowed time".... :eek:

I doubt I will ever have a garaged car, unless I'm in a coma or turned into Rip van Winkle :lol:

Just tickled over 191000, both cars are either being driven as dailys or are sat waiting for money to be spent on them.

The Old corrado has done 29k in the last 5 years,a bit sick as the milage is now 75k.

Its starting to pick up old age syndrome,a few stonechips here and there sorry to say its not concurs anymore.

I think Im turning into my dad by saying they dont make them liek this anymore,anyone elver heard of an Exhaust lasting 19 years,well One section died and the rest so far lives on,if the rest of the car is like that I'm quids in.

But I suppose why let someone else enjoy it after you have paid good money to Enjoy it,if you want to stare at it:- Buy a painting! :luvlove:

where is the pole gone :scratch:

...which is exactly what Hamilton said last weekend :lol:

...hang on, found it:

pole.jpg

i use my vr6 everyday and for work i do a minimum of 40 miles a day and upto about 150 miles.

I'd like to say it's always worked all the time but then i'd be lying was nothing the bank account couldn't fix

Mine is neither. It sits in a parking lot most of the time during the week, except for special occasions where I feel the want to take it outfor a drive or to run some errands into town.

I guess living on campus has that advantage, even if the parking service is dumb and doesn't know what they're doing (I wrote a huge rant about it on another forum :cuckoo: ) but for the most part, when I'm at home it's a daily.

Mine is neither. It sits in a parking lot most of the time during the week, except for special occasions where I feel the want to take it outfor a drive or to run some errands into town.

I guess living on campus has that advantage, even if the parking service is dumb and doesn't know what they're doing (I wrote a huge rant about it on another forum :cuckoo: ) but for the most part, when I'm at home it's a daily.

its definately not an advantage , not having to drive :)

i am glad i have to drive to work it starts the day off some much nicer :grin:

Mine used to be a daily, but i dont need a car for work so i suppose it was for pleasure plus the occasional supermarket run, chip shop etc..

Now ive got a Golf as well so the Corrado is fair weather only, i dont limit myself to times of the year at the moment becasue of its a nice day and i fancy a blast i want the option..

I should have bought something sensible as a daily runner, a 306TD or something like that but i guess im not that sensible..

Mine used to be a daily, but i dont need a car for work so i suppose it was for pleasure plus the occasional supermarket run, chip shop etc..

Now ive got a Golf as well so the Corrado is fair weather only, i dont limit myself to times of the year at the moment becasue of its a nice day and i fancy a blast i want the option..

I should have bought something sensible as a daily runner, a 306TD or something like that but i guess im not that sensible..

The golfs not too bad on the fuel though, in fact its about the same as most modern petrols as it isn't humping around another ton of electric/safety stuff.

Youre right Yan, its a very basic car and thats what makes it so good, nimble on its feet and cheap as chips for spares..

Pretty much use mine as a daily + it's garaged every night. Prob use it 4 days a week on average, 25 miles a day. Tend to use the vRS for long journeys as it's more family friendly.

Use it as a daily, i want to use it as much as possible! :D

I would garage it if i could, But its kept safe on the driveway.

I voted 'Both' but im not 100% sure why thats on the poll as if i use it as a daily driver doesnt that include summer and weekends?

Weekend and fun use only, use van for work now so the car lives in the garage. She looks like a daily though with the amount of dings and dents that seem to appear every time I go to the supermarket/multistorey :censored:

Would love a respray but it adds to the originality in it's current state i spose :roll: . Guess people would think it looks uncared for close up but that's far from the truth!

Mine is kinda both :grin: its my "main" all year round family car most of the time, but i also use it for work, some of the time its garaged as when the weather is really nice (never) i use my mk1 cabriolet as a runaround/hack to work and try and keep the corrado washed and polished up for shows and days out

...bit of both too - When it's a weekend/summer toy though, it brings to my attention how in need it is for a mechanic's TLC. :nurse:

mine was my daily driver for 4 years but the last 2 years she's weekends only being slowly re-built into a Track day tool! :)

mine was my daily driver for 4 years but the last 2 years she's weekends only being slowly re-built into a Track day tool! :)

Hmmmm what replaces your ex-daily driver these days? Surely nothing could compare? I bet your petrol bills are lower tho! :p