Sign in to follow this  
G Charged

Ravis G60 rebuild diary,REBUILT ENGINE WERKS!! 28.04.08 YEH!

lol, the pic makes it look better then it is, that rad support panel is gay... its still actually rusty there was a hole in it, and it was bent out of shape from a previous bodge intercooler fit, i hammered it back into shape, dremeld out rust, attcked the thing proper proper quick time with a wire brush and hammerited over it, just to get me by for now. i still want to get another one and get it shot blasted and then painted.

no it wasnt jabba, i havnt had any dealings with jabba at all....to be honest im VERY surprised and a little confused cos the guy was sound...i dont understand how it was missed..cos everything else looks pretty spot on...but anyway.. shit happens people make mistakes, i cheked it and g-werks will confirm it for me....i really shudnt have filled it with grease to make it spin... oh well, we will see.

student loan comes on monday...might get another charger, lol

after i post the charger to g-werks to be looked at (was rebuilt but not by g-werks) and i get it back, it wouldnt spin, so i opened it and found the displacer/scroll bearing rusted to the shaft

im toying with the idea of cranking it without the charger attached..but i think thats my being impatient, lol

you could do.run some by-pass boost pipe work.

It should run...

i may run it without the charger...but id like to do it nice n proper if it makes sence

70bhp, lmao, that will make the g60 my slowest car

student loan comes on monday...might get another charger, lol

you get ANOTHER loan on Monday?! :shock: That's not on my schedule from the SLC...

i may run it without the charger...but id like to do it nice n proper if it makes sence

70bhp, lmao, that will make the g60 my slowest car

yeah,but i'd only do it to make sure everything was ok with the build anyway.i personally wouldn't drive on it?

..well maybe round the block..

so i wouldn't bother making it pretty,just air tight. :)

Welllll the engine is all timed up..and can i say the timing setup is a bit.ch! from what i gathered, it doesnt matter where the dizzy is, as long as the rotor arm is relative to the knotch in the dizzy casing...?..

anyway, she fired up!!!!!!, let it idle for a while..then i noticed a coolant leak...damn.... the bolt that holds the thermostat on has stripped its thread in the head..so was pissing coolant out...damn...so will tap it to a M7 later tdoay wohooo!

dont have a rallye outlet yet, however i do have a Golf G60 intercooler 8), so ive just ran a pipe straight from g-lader outlet to inlet...and..i think i need some better boost hoses, cos i can actually see the hose expand and contract, and i only reved it to 2k MAX..

intercooler plummbing and setrab oil cooler goodness coming sooooooooooooooooooon!

oh and ill take some pics:p

Welllll the engine is all timed up..and can i say the timing setup is a bit.ch! from what i gathered, it doesnt matter where the dizzy is, as long as the rotor arm is relative to the knotch in the dizzy casing...?..

it is the least critical of the timing marks because you can adjust the dizzy using a timing light afterwards to make sure that ignition timing is setup correctly.

i'll look forward to seeing the pics of your new install.

8)

lol, i dindt find getting the belt in the right place a problem much...yeh its irritating, but once u know how its done, its easy

get the 2 cam pulley dots across either side of rocker cover ledge

line flywheel 0 mark up, thru inspection plate

align secondry shaft pulley with cutout in bottom pulley(i tipexed it to make it more visible), tension the belt, spin over by hand to see if it all stays aligned, and donedid!

although i did do a stupid one, was too busy thinking about food, timed the belt up, and then wanted to put the serpentine belt on, stupid ass over here decided ot take the crank bolt out to fit it rather then the 4 allen headed bolts and screwed the cambelt timing up...muppet!. so i had to do it again, lmao

once its runnig im gona remove the carbon canister and see if i can minimilise the isv pipework, i dont see any reason why i cant just put a lil filter on the end of the isv, and run the crank breather to a catch tank...my mate gave me his old dump valve off his 200sx, so i mite try it and see how it sounds compared to the kettle boiling sound lmao

oohhhh yeesssss, shes all put bak together, and i took her for a spin

feels so good to drive, engine feels strong, couple of little issues...shes hunting a little bit...and when she comes off revs, its like shes gona cut out but instantly picks up revs again

my radiator fan isnt working...i tested the fan itself and im thinking the rad switch isnt working so thats going to get changed

manages to pull my lower back puting the bumper back on, so 2moro i will take pics and give her a damn good bath!

ah, cheers dirty torque will chek them today, my bak still hurts...so i think it might be pictures only...while shes still filthy lmao

nice thread,hows ya back! :confused4:

update on the hunting issues,was it a leak or that darn isv, :?

did you replace with a DX bolt in that lower pulley!! just checking! :salute:

good luck!

im pretty sure the hunting is the isv, because it doesnt do it with the isv attached

dx bolt...no washer from vw...so ive just replaced it with a new pg bolt

back is ok, wallet isnt, resignd from my job so ravi is a lil broke at the mo....considering selling one of the cars

shes done 45 miles no prob, well i lie...i cant find my adjustable voltage reg i got from riley on here....so im going have to find another voltage regulator...lol

anyone have a spare one?, any other cars share the same reg?