Sign in to follow this  
tedman

24v VR6 OEM+

not noticed a huge difference in performance just the noise!!

It has been proved elsewhere on here on a dyno that "open" cone / foam filters slightly reduce performance on a VR6 by taking air from around the hot engine. The stock airbox takes cooler, more dense air from just behind the headlight. The only induction kit with a proven performance increase over stock is the BMC CDA which is a closed airbox and takes air from the stock location.

The differences are very small however - and the noise may more than make up for it!

not noticed a huge difference in performance just the noise!!

It has been proved elsewhere on here on a dyno that "open" cone / foam filters slightly reduce performance on a VR6 by taking air from around the hot engine. The stock airbox takes cooler, more dense air from just behind the headlight. The only induction kit with a proven performance increase over stock is the BMC CDA which is a closed airbox and takes air from the stock location.

The differences are very small however - and the noise may more than make up for it!

cheers mate

yer i only got it for the noise when funds allow the k&n will make way for a charger as the car is not quick enough for me :D

yer i only got it for the noise when funds allow the k&n will make way for a charger as the car is not quick enough for me :D

Should give a fairly big increase in power when used in conjunction with a charger! :D

Should give a fairly big increase in power when used in conjunction with a charger! :D

yer thats what i ment to say :wink: :D

Nice motor mate .Don't see many Ice V.Did you buy it off pistonheads from Wales by any chance..

Nice motor mate .Don't see many Ice V.Did you buy it off pistonheads from Wales by any chance..

cheers mate , no it wasn't from wales but i think i remember the car your thinking of .

also decided to rip the rub strips off, looks much better. only took 10 mins a side as i just poured a kettle of boiling water over them and they came straight off :clap: the passenger side is unmarked but you can see where the cars had some paint on the drivers side :|

terry

finally got the weitec's on ,very happy to say the least ! the ride quality is brilliant so much better than my old g60 on coilovers

rado2135-1-1.jpg

Looks cracking now mate! Is that 40mm off? Any rubbing?

Considering polished comps for mine, prob gonna save for BBS RX though.

I did the Aero conversion on mine, what a difference that makes on a rainy motorway! (Just fitted a retrofit one on the rear too, which tidies it up nicely)

Looks cracking now mate! Is that 40mm off? Any rubbing?

Considering polished comps for mine, prob gonna save for BBS RX though.

I did the Aero conversion on mine, what a difference that makes on a rainy motorway! (Just fitted a retrofit one on the rear too, which tidies it up nicely)

cheers mate , yer 40mm no rubbing :clap:

my wipers were a safety issue before i fitted the lupo wipers!

bbs rx will look great on yours i was after a set when the tt rims came up

terry

Looks miles better now pal just right and not stupidley low :clap:

thanks . very happy with the height :D ,even if it was on coilovers i would have it the same height!

Looking good my man :D

Yeah the side protection strips are a common repainting edge to use. I colour coded mine and put them back on for that reason!

just a little update..

spent a few hours on the car last weekend and got a few jobs sorted [engine mount etc] and felt pretty happy with myself when in true corrado fashion the headlight switch shorts out burning out a wire on the loom and causing smoke everywhere! :bad-words: .went to the stealers and got a new switch[now i know where they get their nickname from!]and repaired the wire[temp with conectors] but now the switch seems to run hot? does anybody have any idea's why this is ,im sure it was ok before please :help:

anyway on a brighter note my recaro interior is in :clap: :D

rado2191-1.jpg

so much better than standard seats!

New interior looks nice! I have a feeling the headlight switch is constantly illuminated (so you can find it in the dark) so the heat from the lamp inside makes the surface warm - maybe the lamp had failed on your old one! Could be talking rubbish but thats my best guess for ya!

yer thanks lads ,think its just me with the headlight switch just dont want another cloud of smoke from the car! :lol:

not the update i was hoping for!

I was stopped in traffic on the motorway when a nice young lady in a pug 106 went straight into the back of it :mad2:

rado2140-1.jpg

{looks worse in real life plus the bumper is scuffed}

looking on the plus side its not a write off and has givern me an excuse for some subtle mods :D

going to get the vw badge plated over along with the rear wiper hole,colour code the swg corrado badge and smooth the rear tow eye.also getting some minor corrosion around the filler cap and door sorted.

dropped the car off at pf auto's today and can't wait to get it back, then its finally getting the 288's fitted along with mk4 rears.

terry

bit of a pi$$er dude, hope she is paying for all the work. got a huge soft spot for ice grey rado's. look forward to seeing the new mods...

bit of a pi$$er dude, hope she is paying for all the work. got a huge soft spot for ice grey rado's. look forward to seeing the new mods...

cheers mate yer its going through insurance and im paying some on top to have the mods done.

Thats not ideal but what a good opportunity to take advantage of the situation..

Im sure there are many of us that would take a little nudge in the rear to get rid of tow eyes etc..

Im sure there are many of us that would take a little nudge in the rear to get rid of tow eyes etc..

:lol: I need to think up a towing eye removal service.

Back on topic, and it does look a really nice car. Looking forward to seeing pictures of it when repaired.