speedysmartypants

ROTREX GONE R32 IN page 3

now i can look thick infront of everyone :wave:. i have whatever the standard vr6 lamba is and i assume that is what is controlling the fuelling. i have no air mass sensor. i dont have the emerald software so i cant look to see if it can be recorded. i'll have a look on the net to see if i can download it from somewhere. thanks for the advice.

Not at all mate, we all have to start somewhere.

The standard VR6 lambda is a 'narrowband' type. It's unusual to fuel an engine with narrowband these days in the Standalone market, so they might have mapped your engine 'Open loop' (no lambda control). Personally I would be using Wideband to fuel the R32 engine, but I guess you got the whole lot as a package from Storm?

You can download the Emerald software from their website, install it onto a laptop, connect to the ECU and then read the maps. Just depends if Storm locked it with a pin code or not.

If you want to learn this stuff, I can certainly guide you through it :D

i just put the engine in the car, connected everything up, but the loom and ecu storm installed. i can barely get my head around the mechanic side of things so wires and ecu's is prob a no no for me. ive just been reading a dummies guide to using emerald and downloaded some software from emerald but i dont think its going to be compatable with mine. i'll have a look once the misses gets home with the car and see. if it is the right stuff or when i get the right stuff mabye i can take some screen shots and you can tell me whats going on. i really want to learn but things tend to go in one ear and out the other with me. thanks kev

what are your cold starts like with standard ecu. i have to let mine warm up for about 5 mins and it stalls the first few start attempts. does yours like driving slow? mine doesnt.

My cold starts are fine, no stalling etc, but then it's standard management so it should be fine really. The engine is fine going slow, as in it doesn't struggle or try to stall or anything like that but the car as a whole is not nice going slow with the engine mainly because of the DBW throttle I'm using as opposed to cable like yours, which is very very responsive and it's just hard work to maintain a slow speed!

The flat spot is the only issue left with mine really, and it's annoying as you tend to drive everywhere at ~2k rpm so I'm hitting the flat spot a lot when I just generally want to put my foot down a bit. Other than that it's fine just a bit jerky at low speeds with the throttle etc as I mentioned.

Very nice. The 24v does have a very sensitive throttle compared to the 12v. I still find myself kangarooing some times in traffic.

Seems to be a common thing then with the 24v's! It does my head in sometimes, but I've got used to it now and can drive it fairly smoothly, but only takes a slight bump in the road to make you just brush the throttle a bit and it's kangarooing all over the place :lol:

I reckon it's because a) uprated engine mounts and b) we've lost the dual mass for a single mass flywheel and I think the springs in the dual mass take the edge off the jerkiness.

I never updated this thread so sorry I havn't been on here for ages. Heres an update on things a year and a half after the install.

The problems i had were all just down to the flappy thing in the inlet manifold. Storm happened to have a spare manifold which they swapped mine for and hey presto the car drove a treat.

The diff in the close ratio gearbox blew up so I replaced with a standard box which is much better. The ratio's were too short and it could be hard to get traction at times.

Recently developed a slight misfire which i think is prob one of the coilpacks. I raised the rear suspension up as it didn't look or feel right. Got to fit some new rear discs, pads and bearings as the others are on their way out.

The exhaust keeps vibrating against something which is anoying so i need to investigate that. Due an oil change aswell which im doing about every 6000 miles.

The central locking has just stopped working aswell so i have to use the key to open and close now so that needs investigating. I think thats everything.

I am thinking about maybe selling her soon to make way for something else so can anyone give me any ideas on what she is worth?

Thanks guys and heres the only recentish pics i have of her. Taken before i raised the suspension at the rear by about an inch.

well pete griff could not sell he's and ended up breaking it, there was/is an r32 storm on e-bay that has not sold for 6.5k. So dont be surpised if you end up breaking it to get your money.

I couldn't do that no way. She has been mine and my girlfriends baby. I always knew I was gunna take a huge loss if I sold it. Origionaly bought the car for £4250 and spent easily £10,000 + since. I am thinking its worth £5000 easy but is anyone gunna be willing to pay that?