Sign in to follow this  
iceman

AWD corrado

I saw an AWD setup for sale on e-bay but at the time didn't have any money for it. now that i have some loot i'm looking to do a mod like that. Anyone know were i can get this peice or if the audi quatro peice will work??

I think there would be a lot of work involved but the golf ralley transmissio setup is probably the way to go but I dont know if the transmission tunnel is deep enough totake the propshaft and exhaust!!!

I just read a guys site recently.. he had decided to do this project. He ended up totally stripping his Corrado and having the floor pan re-welded by Awesome GTI over a period of 7 months (at god knows what cost) in order to accomdate a 4WD system...

I think its a hell of a job!!

There was a danish company that used to bead blast the source car's underbody, drill out the original floorpan spot welds and then weld in a complete Rallye floor pan using the existing weld points. I've seen one such car at Stealth and the work was faultless. This was done to a 16V MK2 Golf though to take a VR6 engine (using MK3 VR6 synchro transfer box) but since the floor of a Corrado is MK2 Golf anyway, there is no reason why this can't be done. You could do it yourself at home using one of those cradle things but you'd need a damn good welder to put the Rallye floor back in place of the Corrado one!

A lot of work and is it really worth it? I've seen Stealth's VR6 Corrado Turbo put 400bhp onto the tarmac through the front wheels OK.

Just my thoughts...

Kev

94 VR6