Sign in to follow this  
borarob

sunroof question - no not the usual!

hi all, recently got myself a 1990 corrado. I was under the impression that all rados had electric windows and a sunroof - I have neither of these, is that common? Actually quite chuffed there's no sunroof as I understand that none of them work anyway!

cheers

early poverty spec in other words

btw it was roughly from 91/92 onwards that all the Corrado's had ESR/EW's as standard

cool. i think I might fit leccy windows to it at some point in the future as i do miss that luxury. still glad I haven't got a sunroof though - even if that is 'poverty spec' :lol:

Makes it even more Rare.

There is even a Storm about with no sunroof.

and like you say chap. They dont work either!

wish i had one without a sunroof, spent nearly £500 on bits to get mine working again! consider yourself lucky!

And even after that, mine still leaks! :gag:

Electric windows on a rado still aren't 100% convenient because you have to wait for one to roll down all the way before you can roll the other down. Or at least that's how mine is :lol:

Electric windows on a rado still aren't 100% convenient because you have to wait for one to roll down all the way before you can roll the other down. Or at least that's how mine is :lol:

I remember reading on here some time ago that you could swap one of the relays that controls the windows for a MK3 Golf item that enabled you to roll down both windows at once.

Pretty sure it also gave you "one touch" closure as well as opening on them too?

Anyone else read that? Or was I dreaming of the C again? :D

I remember reading on here some time ago that you could swap one of the relays that controls the windows for a MK3 Golf item that enabled you to roll down both windows at once.

Pretty sure it also gave you "one touch" closure as well as opening on them too?

That might explain why my valver does "one touch" close but my VR doesn't? Gonna have to check that out now, still don't think that you can do both at the same time though.

cool. i think I might fit leccy windows to it at some point in the future as i do miss that luxury. still glad I haven't got a sunroof though - even if that is 'poverty spec' :lol:

imho, just another thing to go wrong. Save yourself the hassle (and extra weight) and stay with the winders :D

Mark 2s have this relay In. I have ZERO ideas why the Corrado doesn't! My golf windows were awesome.

Well my sunroof tilts, slides and does exactly as it says on the tin :lol: and my windows are one touch open and close on a 1991 G60, dunno why others would be different :scratch:

My spoiler works too.........so Maybe im just lucky :clap:

Mark 2s have this relay In. I have ZERO ideas why the Corrado doesn't! My golf windows were awesome.

I'll leave mine alone I reckon, if it aint broke and all that.

My windows and sunroof shut without having to touch the switches anyway, when I get out and press the fob button.

The windows on my 92 G60 are one touch down on both side's but only the drivers side is one touch up :scratch: but I thought all the "later" cars where like that? Also the reason why you can only do one window at a time is becasue VW skimped on the wiring, apparently (and this is only what I have heard!!) the wiring from the window regulator just wont (or shouldn't) handle the double amount of current it would take to use both windows at once so its unlikely that a new relay would make any differnce, however if anyone can corrent me here I would be happy to be proved wrong :D