Sign in to follow this  
vdubbster

help with chassis sticker

hi, we are currently working on a customers vw corrado, the car a is a minter and we have had to replace the rear panel on it due to being hit from behind.

the customer has requested we replace the chassis sticker which is found on the inside of the rear panel. but after speaking to vw we found these stickers are no longer availible

has anyone else come across this problem and how did you deal with it?

we no there is another vin plate on the car under the bonnet but the customer would like this sticker replaced to keep the car original as possible

james

only thing you can do is scan it and re print it, the stickers themselves are duplicated into the service book on the front cover, if it has one then maybe you could have that scanned and printed onto sticky paper

You wouldnt be able to buy one from VW ever as they are unique to the car as they carry the vin, engine, paint and gearbox codes as well as the optional extras/trim code list

Hmmm, one of the first things I allways do when buying a rado is check to see if that sticker is there, if it isnt then its a pretty good indication that the cars had a rear end shunt, which is probebly why he would like the sticker replaced :?

I'd say its a good thing that they aren't available.

Well it depends how you look at it, a bent panel is a minor thing, no different to a wing or a bonnet or rear 1/4, i do agree that the reason for replacing the sticker would be to "original" the panel and maybe "diguise" the rear end repair

But then if its repaired properly and not recorded damage then i guess theres loads of cars like it about :|

My boss had the metal front and the paper rear remade for his MK1 Golf a few weeks back. Its done through VW iirc. Ill find out for you.

hi, thanks for all your replys...mk1campaign...if ya could find out about VW iirc then i would be very gr8full

still havent got it sorted yet..

james.