Sign in to follow this  
barryarginnraddo

my 20vt corrado ... the saga continues

Olly. Just thought id let you know im back now mate and you can get back in my garage now and carry on doing your engine fit and the wiring when you feel like it. I think you have done a brilliant job so far. Keep up the good work. :notworthy: Looking forward to seeing how you finish the wiring off mate. :scratch: Nice

aha, hello mate lol, cheers for the work, glad your back catch up soon :clap:

ive noticed that the fan is too deep and have got a slimline one.

The o.e one seems to have 3 wires as does the o.e fan switch - that im assuming is the thingy ma bob that screws into the rad with 3 connections.

Does any one understand this need for 3 wires and how i can make it a 2 wire only setup to suit the new fan

cheers

ollie

ahhhhhhhhh,

so i get a phone call late last night from my buddie marcus who in all honesty has and is doing the vast majority of work on the rado...

"do you want the good news or the bad news"

er...

any way it turns out that the corrado 20vt is opperational and had been for a week or so - my mates were trying to get it all done as a suprise for me with out me knowing!! but there is a significant problem, it would appear that in the best secenario the donor engines head gasket has gone, or in the worst case maybee some thing else a lot more sinister( oil and water mixxing with very low compression on one cylinder)

what an absolute pisser this has put a major spanner in the works, im proper gutted...like properly loosing the will to carry on, its cost me a load so far...

A head gasket aint gonna cost a lot mate. The fact it's running is a bonus, and if it's just a head gasket at fault then don't worry about it. Sounds like in true Corrado fashion, it's just testing your patience. Stick with it, it wont be too serious I'm sure :)

A head gasket aint gonna cost a lot mate. The fact it's running is a bonus, and if it's just a head gasket at fault then don't worry about it. Sounds like in true Corrado fashion, it's just testing your patience. Stick with it, it wont be too serious I'm sure :)

Cheers mate, i hope so. hopefully we will get the head off this weekend. will update the thread when we know :gag:

Dude chill honestly, the head was all but off at 11pm last night!! best case all it's gonna cost ya is a headset and head bolts, you know we we do it all outta love! worst case......we'll cross that bridge if we get to it! :confused4:

Might give you a chance to get some porting/polishing work done on the head and manifold now looking on the bright side.

Crap luck dude...feel for you :(

Do you have any comeback with the engine supplier?

i got the engine from some one on here, i doubt ill have any come back. :bad-words:

heads off, gasket was slightly mullered but nothing looks too bad. my good friend marcus has been cleaning it all up for me and from the pics ive seen it looks like he is doing a good job.

i just got a head gasket etc from jabba sport, the guys there rock. very helpful.

i just got a head gasket etc from jabba sport, the guys there rock. very helpful.

Most people on here around 99% would disagree with that but im in the minority with you mate.

they went out of there way to get my bits to me next day, and price was cheaper for the strech bolts than my local steallers, and gave me some useful guidance about the problem with my 20 v t engine.

Most people on here around 99% would disagree with that but im in the minority with you mate.

yeah,i think they get a raw deal on here sometimes.

nice work mate,i feel for you when i first got myn running i found the turbo was leaking oil past a seal,so i sent it for recon not cheap then it failed 300 miles later sent back payed again same thing failed again,so then bought a new turbo all in all it cost me a fortune but since then its run for a year and never missed a beat.

stick with it be worth it in the end :D

i put myn in a 1995 valver if you didnt find ya fan wiring or any wiring answers pm me i shud beable to help ya

Hi there in the middle of my project fully strip engine bay full painted and now finally running thank GOD never thought it would get this far quantum diy kit is not that easy but still its running does any one no were all the vacum pipes go running bam enging and a recirculating dump valve as its doing my head in :shrug:

just a quick update. we put the project on hold for a few months while my m8 gutted and rebuilt a house, and the fact it has been cold.

put the engine back together on thursday to find that now the head gasket is fixxed the compression is still poo.

Gutted, i was sold a right duffer by a member of this forum, cheers rustynuts or what ever your name is...not

So ive scap'd it. the engine. and bought another engine, at even more expense.

So only time will tell to see if we ever manage to actually finish this.....................

haha the new engine is in and we have checked the compression which is sweeeeet!!

result looks like things may well be on the up now. :clap:

myself and my 2 crazy accomplesses have booked this thursday off work to try and get more done.

If any one knows about how you get the in dash temp guage working please let mew know asap.

cheers Ollie :D

i used a variable resistor to bring the temperature back down to what it should be on the gauge works spot on now.

As a reply to that last post, How did you know what temperature to set the gauge too? :scratch: Cheers

Good point!

isnt there a blank in the oil filter housing? you can unscrew that and use the sender from the old engine in there

isnt there a blank in the oil filter housing? you can unscrew that and use the sender from the old engine in there

exactly what I did......in fact if you only had one sender on yours...just ditch the existing one on the 1.8t lump