Sign in to follow this  
Ginger60

Spoiler not workin... modification oportunity?

Hi there,

Im sure its a really old topic by now. My spoiler only works manually ok but the automatic box of tricks seems to be playing up. Is it a speed sensor fault or something within that i can repair?

Im an engineer so with rough guides as to the fault i may be able to repair it.

I have also considered an aftermarket one which i can controll the rate of the activation speeds... any ideas?

Thanks a million

Have you had a look through the search? The old spoiler not working automatically is a bit of a classic.

People have modified the control boxes to change the activation speeds, I think you file down the contacts or something

Pretty sure cheesewire modded the control box on his to make the spoiler raise later (faster) by swapping existing resistors for differently rated ones.

Have a search, I'm sure you'll find it...

I modified mine so that the national anthem played through a loudspeaker attached to my roof as the spoiler was being raised, I did a 'how to' so have a search for it if you want.

I modified mine so that the national anthem played through a loudspeaker attached to my roof as the spoiler was being raised, I did a 'how to' so have a search for it if you want.

Ahh see, you missed out there. I've also gone for the optional saluting Welsh Guard with mine so I get a stirring rendition of God Save the Queen and a snappy salute :lol:

Thanks for all the advice guys, im going to have to check out the electrics properly, i will also look at the said web post on the site...

I was hoping it would be something screamingly obvious :shrug:

Hehe yeah, sorry.

It's the speed controller box that'll have gone pop. Most likely due to a chimpy stereo fitter that will have pumped 12v down the wire coming from the controller box.

As said though, have a search and I'm sure there's some info on how to fix/replace/change the speed of them.

mine came up on its own today for the first time, then went back down again even though i hadnt changed speed. :lol:

Yeah, but what about the spoiler? :lol: