Sign in to follow this  
matt_corradovr6

my corrado has been written off

my corrado was hit on saturday in the rear quarter and door and two body shops have written it off. How do i go about buying the car back to break it for parts??

it has leather interior nad the front wings tail gate, dash etc are in good nick and i'm sure that someone would want them as parts. just don't know how to go about gettin the car back once thay have taken it away? :( :( :(

my corrado was hit on saturday in the rear quarter and door and two body shops have written it off. How do i go about buying the car back to break it for parts??

it has leather interior nad the front wings tail gate, dash etc are in good nick and i'm sure that someone would want them as parts. just don't know how to go about gettin the car back once thay have taken it away? :( :( :(

Ideally, if you've got the space - don't let them take it away and keep it yourself.

Otherwise, give the insurance company a call and say you want to buy it back and they'll sort it out. Make sure you don't send the actual V5 off until you've agreed everything and got the car though.

ok cool. thanks dinkus. will they still pay me out for the car? i have an agreed value on it.

Yup, they still need to pay out the agreed value for the car. You then buy the car back from them for a certain amount and the two transactions should be independent of each other.

A mate of mine had an accident acouple of weeks ago in a Mk3 Cab that I sold him, i'd say it's insurance value would be roughly the same as a Corrado and they offered him the chance to buy it back for £150.

if they do the same i will definately buy it back. its not mint but its not a dog. whats an engine and gearbox worth? its done 143000 miles and been maintained well, had chains and clutch done bout 20k ago and diff rebuilt

anyone know how much a new rear 3/4 and door would be? mega.

one body shop quted about £1300 for labour and paint, no parts. two places said that it would be a write off, and the sill looks a bit bent, and it feels a bit loose when driving. :(

i got smashed into a month ago and it was only damage to the rear quarter and i was quoted 1500 in labour!

it was written of and te insurance gave me 1400 and i asked to buy it back and they charged me 75 so yours should be similar.

it will cost a lot to repair as you already know so you might be best breaking it. you will get over a grand easily if you do that.

you got any pictures of it?

no not yet will get some on. its agreed value is 3500 with my insurance, so i want that back, and got a few on the trader of similar price. will wait and see. bit negative but might mean on to faster things!!! :)

If you're not completely happy with their first offer, tell 'em to go forth and multiply and keep pestering.

They'll probably give you a low-ball offer straight off and then take forever to get back to you with a new offer in the hope that you'll just give-in and accept. Pester like hell though and you'll get a decent amount out of them :)

yeah i never done this but my old man has had some canny cars and of course people have damaged them and he has got the insurers to pay for all sorts even petrol for when he went to look at another car to buy!! just actually a nightmare to find outr what is going on and i go on holiday friday!