Sign in to follow this  
ShockVR6

Corrado VR6 vs Subura Impreza 2.0l Turbo

ello peeps

My m8 has just bought a Subaru Impreza 2.0 Turbo and im not sure how it will compare to my VR6.

Do you think i will be able to keep up or do u think he will piss all over me ?

If it's a standard one about the same age as your VR6 then the Scooby is quicker on the 0-60 sprint but the VR6 is quicker through the gears and 50-70mph in top gear if I remember rightly from the Autocar tests (Past Masters section) :)

If it's a more recent model or has some of the many chips/modifications available I'd guess the Scooby is quicker - but it all depends on the model as HiAsAKite says.

VR6 is much smoother though :D

C's look better for sure - But - whats better, the sound of a six pot or a flat four?

It's a tough one - and I love both :D

Wouldnt worry to much mate,ive raced a few.you will be able to keep up on the open road.my vr is standard and even stuck with an evo7 once

lol like the guys said it makes a HUGE difference between which model it is, and they can be seriously quick. But, if it's just a 2ltr turbo then I reckon once you get over the 0-60 you should be able to get up with him but top end I am not sure not had much experience with top end on C's so not sure.

I can beat a 2 ltr turbo scooby (from rolling) upto 90 then his more power bigger engine comes in and beats me, my car ain't standard though and can beat alot of Vr's up the strip so not sure.

Beware of most of the other ones though cos they are so quick I went in one that had 385BHP and it was serious acceleration not been in anything as quick as that and the noise was immense...........lol

I too like both the VR noise and the flat four noise......mmmmmmmmm also a modded G sound is great specially with toothed belts, my charger sings it's head off sounds great.

Once you reach 50MPH the VR6 should pull away ...when you reach 100MPH you should have about 6 - 7 car lengths on it ...and from 125 onwards the turbo doean't really count so the 2.9 has all the grunt.

Although, don't try & race one on wet twisty tarmac ...keep it for the Motorways :wink:

6 or 7 car lengths over a scooby?? I find that hard to believe.

Corrado's are quick but they aint that quick

a std uk scoobie is a good one. the weak bit is the box. a sti has abetter box but the engines have been hammered or not set up right so the det loads.

a uk spec is good for a easy 350hp and not too many standard ones about.

i say a std vr v a scoob would be a close run thing with the vr winning in a straight line. but a corner in the racecourse and the scoob wins.

put a pipe with no cats and a filter on the scoob and the vr aint winning. with a boost controller,MRT/Blitz FCD and AFR too your looking at 320 at 1.3 bar on a pre 97uk. they run TD05 whereas the later ones are TD04s. the 4 is front entry so..these get replaced with vfs and do better torque and power at around 1.1bar

both good cars in own right. for class and a cruise id pick the vr but if i was to pick a race weapon, which is what the post is about it would be the scoob

And remember no matter how fast his scooby may turn out to be, the Corrado is a million times better looking.

(i think a VR6 will give it a good run for its money, mine gave a new 911 a real hard time)

One other thing to important remember when considering having a go at Subaru Imprezas....

The Leicestershire Constabulary :evil: (and may be other forces round the UK) have got 3 (may be 5 now), unmarked Metallic Blue, and Green beefed up Scoobies, and they use them for the exact reason of nicking people (particularly Cossies & M3's) driving fast, and trying to race etc. Please be careful.

Look out for camera type contraptions fitted to the inside of the front and rear windscreens.

If driving through the fantastic back roads in North Wales, do not be tempted to race a Scooby! They have loads on their force.

The a-holes also put roof racks and tow-bars on their patrol cars in a bid to make it look less like a cop car. But hey! they're not just out to nick as many people as possible, they are just concerned about road safety!!

If driving through the fantastic back roads in North Wales, do not be tempted to race a Scooby! They have loads on their force.

The a-holes also put roof racks and tow-bars on their patrol cars in a bid to make it look less like a cop car. But hey! they're not just out to nick as many people as possible, they are just concerned about road safety!!

ive not seen any :?

They also have some marked Evo's and jags, I've seen a marked scooby as well. Not good when the cobs have modded cars like that!

Left a turbo hatchback behind once- dropped it into third from 70mph and he couldn't keep up :twisted:

Had a spat with a WRX this morning- just about kept up on the straights :D , but he was leaving me behind on the twisties :(

Wouldnt worry to much mate,ive raced a few.you will be able to keep up on the open road.my vr is standard and even stuck with an evo7 once

My mate has one and this thing is ridiculously quick- it acclerates in 4th and 5th like a corrado does in first- there 4.6 sec to 60 and beleive me it feel like you been hit up the A-hole by a train when this thing accelerates.

Ive had my G60 Dyno'd at 211bhp and my matees EVO leaves me like im standing with the engine switched off- he could proably spin it around and reverse past me!

I've seen a fair few scoob engines on a workbench. They're tiny when stripped down! A nice upgrade is a Legacy 2.5 bottom end with Legacy heads, manifolds and turbos. Yes, turbos, one per bank!

Awesome.

Kev