Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Great way to take roundabouts!!

Nutter! You've obviously never wandered around the Le Mans campsite while the 24hr is on... :lol:

Isnt that the stunt driver doing a scene for Dukes Of Hazzard??

Great driving :clap:

Yes... also a re-post from quite a while back ;)

Isnt that the stunt driver doing a scene for Dukes Of Hazzard??

Yup somewhere in Downtown Atlanta, near the University I think... one of 3 roundabout I came across in Georgia (One was in the entrance to my apartment block). These confuse the living bejesus out of non-locals, seen a couple from Florida just sit at one for 2-3 minutes trying to figure it, then turn round! :lol:

hehe awesome..

Found the Canadians just as bad, they didn't know whht to do, had people stop on the few roundabouts there to let me go if it was busy... absolute carnage, I see why theres so many traffic lights and 4 way stops over there now...

I saw a e46 M3 havin a bit of sideways fun on a roundabout in Thame (nr oxford), it was before i bought the vr6 and i must admit it did make me think about RWD...

hehe awesome..

Found the Canadians just as bad, they didn't know whht to do, had people stop on the few roundabouts there to let me go if it was busy... absolute carnage, I see why theres so many traffic lights and 4 way stops over there now...

Canada has roads that make sence. This obsession with roundabouts is well beyond insane and dangerous given different countries have different rule regarding them. Of course then there's the folks (all of them) that don't bother following the rules. Then when you blow your horn at the bastids for nearly sideswiping you after a failed (or non-existant) shoulder check, you get flashed their favorite finger.

It's my strong opinion that per capita roads at home are safer because they don't have roundabouts. There are accidents on Canadian/US roadways, of course, and when they occur, you can be 't-boned' much more easily... the question is do you want more accidents of less severity, or few accidents with more dire consequences?

I firmly believe that proper merge lanes combined with proper lights is safer than roundabouts. The provincial governments obviously think so as well, given their rarity at home. In a 300+ mile radius of my home in Canada, I know of two. Two. 2 of the bloody things.

Of course then they're the issue of being able to legally turn (right) at a stop light or stop sign? :nono: Why the hell can't we legally stop at the light and then turn left if no one is coming? This just contributes to issues regarding the flow of traffic.

Back on topic.... that driver is skilled...