Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

I'd just like to start this thread by thanking Dubby for selling me her car. :D It's just provided me with the best hours drive I've had in a long time. I'd forgotten just how good these cars are! :salute:

Here's some pics:

bda3c02477.jpg

11f827e631.jpg

cc698985c4.jpg

I have to say, there are a few little bits that could do with tidying up but it's running a lot better and is in better overall condition than my last G60.

I have also made a short and not entirely interesting video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z1qOIOxko9k

First on the agenda is the crank bolt. Getting changed just as soon as the parts arrive. Go go Northgate VW. Also I'm gonna do the fuel lines tomorrow if they're bad. Then it's going in to our workshop for the brake pipes and wheel bearings. We've got some decent alloys at work in our stock room that my manager said I could have at cost price with brand new tyres, so I'll grab those if they look good/fit. I can swap them for the steelies when the mood takes me.

Other than that I think I'm gonna give it some paint and coilies once I've saved up enough. All in all I'm feeling very :clap: :clap: :clap:

Although the day didn't start off too well. I had to go and rescue my Mum off the side of the A14. The cam belt snapped in her Volvo....

It already looks at home :D

I hope you get more time to enjoy it than I have lately :luvlove:

Looks great mate. Congrats :clap: .

It looks fecking great lowered on those steelies imo. :norty:

It already looks at home :D

I hope you get more time to enjoy it than I have lately :luvlove:

Cheers mate. I'll keep you posted with how I get on. All I want to do is drive it!

Looks great mate. Congrats :clap: .

It looks fecking great lowered on those steelies imo. :norty:

Thanks buddy! :D Yeah, those steelies set it off a treat. Was quite a funny conversation with the insurance company. Yes it has a modified exhaust, yes it has lowered suspension, no it doesn't have alloy wheels! :lol:

Thanks buddy! :D Yeah, those steelies set it off a treat. Was quite a funny conversation with the insurance company. Yes it has a modified exhaust, yes it has lowered suspension, no it doesn't have alloy wheels! :lol:

I had to declare them as if they were alloys, in modification terms :cuckoo:

Steeliest discrimination, imo :lol:

Im glad that stupid pipedream is now gone from your head (IROC) and you own a proper coupe again.

Looks mint.

I had to declare them as if they were alloys, in modification terms :cuckoo:

Insurance companies are actually scum.

Im glad that stupid pipedream is now gone from your head (IROC) and you own a proper coupe again.

Looks mint.

Sheesh, what was I thinking? You had to remind me about that didn't you! :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Welcome home?

And we all know red ones go faster.

Well, this red one feels a lot faster than my old white one. So that must be true! :D

Looks absolutely superb mate - look forward to seeing it at some meets soon! Paint looks wonderful in the video and that engine is so distinctively G60! That blower noise is unmistakeable!

Lovely and nice buy mate :)

Looks stunning mate, all these G60's around I'm almost tempted get one myself! :D

So you going to be at the Northgate VW meet in a few weeks??

Cheers for the comments guys! :D Can't wait to meet up with you lot in a Rado for once! :lol:

The only bit that might benefit from some paint is the bonnet. You don't really notice in the pics but it is a little faded and tired. Gonna see if the valeter at work can do anything with it though. He is a genius.

So you going to be at the Northgate VW meet in a few weeks??

I certainly can be! Although this is the first I've heard of it. When is it?

Edit: Found it on the events forum. I'll be there! :D

Looks really nice, and have to agree those steelies really suit it,

Tornado and Flash red VW paint (and all reds really) always go milky over time unless its polished at least once a week for its whole life!, you may be able to revive it with some cutting compound and a buffer or even just by hand

Looks really nice, and have to agree those steelies really suit it,

Tornado and Flash red VW paint (and all reds really) always go milky over time unless its polished at least once a week for its whole life!, you may be able to revive it with some cutting compound and a buffer or even just by hand

Cheers for that mate. I'm just gonna take it to the guy who valets our cars at work. If he can't bring it back then nobody can and it'll just need a little paint. No bother at all really. Working in the motor trade really comes in handy sometimes. :D

Edit: Found it on the events forum. I'll be there! :D

Nice one mate, I'll see you there. And I have to say I'd keep the steelies, looks just right IMO 8)

Yeah, the steelies are staying for sure. But I may pick up those alloys from work while I have the chance. We'll see.

Well, I took it in to work today and found out that I can't get it into our workshop! There is a wooden step like a big railway sleeper across the entrance and my car is too low to go over it! :lol: I'm going to have to construct some kind of ramp.

I think you should keep the steelies on but send them off to wide wheels to get widened/banded, to 8.5" with the arches rolled, would look standard untouched but with a factory how it should have come in the 1st place look.

Good to see pou convinced your other half of the sense in going back to a Rado :D

Looks lovely but I'm surprised about how good it is to drive, thought it would have struggled to compare against all those i10's

Good to see pou convinced your other half of the sense in going back to a Rado :D

Looks lovely but I'm surprised about how good it is to drive, thought it would have struggled to compare against all those i10's

Lucy didn't take too much convincing in the end. I think she just relented because she got sick of me going on about it. Plus I bought a red one. She likes red....

It's a little unfair to compare the Rado to the i10. The i10 is just such a hardcore machine. They developed a 2.2 V8 engine for it but the acceleration still wasn't good enough, so to keep the weight down the engineers removed four of the cylinders to create a 1.1 inline 4. How can a G60 possibly compare? :lol:

We had some rain in Suffolk last night....

efb4edffab.jpg

Unfortunately a large proportion of it has found it's way inside my Rado! :lol:

That's the last time I leave it out of the garage.

....and I've just been out in it and the petrol guage has stopped working. God it's good to be back inside a Rado. I've missed all this! :D :lol:

Just a little update on the G60.

I've had it a little while now and am starting to get to grips with what is going to need doing to it. The valeter at work says he'll easily be able to sort the paint out so no need to get any of it sprayed. The petrol guage is working again now of its own accord. Rados. The spoiler manual overide switch is cocked. I decided to try it and the spoiler went up and wouldn't go back down again! :lol: So I had that in bits and managed to get it working again but I think I'll resist the urge to play with it too much.

The windscreen wipers are shocking! Don't know what is up with them, I've put new blades on and they are still sh!te. I think I've found out why everyone insists on Lupo conversions.

The rear brakes are shot. The disks are really corroded around the edges of the friction surface. Gonna have to get the wheels off and have a proper look when I get the time. Doesn't look like they've had any maintenance for a long time.

But some good news, we've just had a new floor layed in our workshop and they got rid of the railway sleeper so now my rado can get inside! :clap: Still waiting for my crank bolt and washer though.... :(

619088978b.jpg

Well my first day off for ages and the first day of nice weather for ages. What else was I going to do other the go for a drive and clean my car? :D

Not a bad 3 car garage!

2il1q3r.jpg

Now, the paint on my car looks a lot better in pics than it does in real life. It's more of a pinky orange, peach if you will, than a red. Especially on the bonnet. But I must say after a bit of elbow grease it comes up a treat!

orks1y.jpg

345mt6c.jpg

23koyv7.jpg

t5ox1v.jpg

As you can see from the pics we have no doors on our garage which means we get quite a few birds making a home in the rafters. These birds often produce prodigious amounts of faeces with little regard for the fact that I've just spent all afternoon cleaning my car. Behaviour that I find both antisocial and unacceptable. I have done the one thing that will stop this menace....

20s6nag.jpg

:clap: No more sh!te on my car! :clap:

Looking sweet as ever Joe, my red one always looked a hell of a lot better after a bit of tlc. Still liking the steelies too.

You need to get some of that spiky stuff they use in train stations for the rafters.

Should I make the really obvious joke or not? :shrug: I guess not.