Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

grumble, bad times.

Just out of interest, where is the engine number stamped? I need to change mine on my V5

It's stamped here mate:

2hs92rn.jpg

Dead easy to find. :D

I promise I will update this thread with some pictures soon but just thought I'd put a quick update on here. The engine is pretty much rebuilt now. Just some of the ancillaries and Supercharger left to go on (some of which won't go on until the engine is back in the bay). It's all timed up and belted, the water pump is on, and the exhaust manifold too. Engine will be going back in the bay very soon. :cheers:

top work, have tomorrow off :norty:

Yep, I do have tomorrow off. However it is Christmas day. Don't think I'm gonna get away with spending tomorrow in the workshop.... :(

I'm shattered.

This home mechanic thing is going a bit mental. If Haynes did a G60 manual how many spanners do you reckon this little lot would be?

1606d52.jpg

v5z5vs.jpg

2wfl4c9.jpg

9prlmo.jpg

2je1pcj.jpg

Sleep now. :sleeping:

Cheers guys. Won't be too much longer now. Hopefully only a couple of weeks. :D

Next things to hunt down are some front bumper brackets. My passenger side one is fecked. The bolt was cross threaded. :(

Ever get the feeling you should have just shut the bonnet? Could have saved yourself a lot of work :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ever get the feeling you should have just shut the bonnet? Could have saved yourself a lot of work :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't quite believe what I've just done really. All because I noticed a slight coolant leak when I changed the suspension.... :nuts: :lol:

Gonna spend tomorrow on it too. Now the engine is back in situ I'm gonna find a way of securing the front sub frame without the bumper attached (on one side I can use the good bracket and just put the bolts in) so the car can go down on its wheels. No real need for it to be jacked up any more once the drive shafts are bolted back on. Then I just need to connect everything up and press play! 8)

2je1pcj.jpg

do all engines look like fat joe? 'lean back!' :D

good work had a good read of this! i'll probably end up doing this just to see 'how it works'

do all engines look like fat joe? 'lean back!' :D

No, there's a certain six cylinder engine that goes into a certain VW coupe that does quite the opposite.... :wink:

Right, another days graft. Today I have fitted the driveshafts properly, connected the exhaust manifold to the downpipe and the car is now on the floor again.

2uyk9jq.jpg

5zb0w.jpg

Got work tomorrow but off again on Wednesday so I will fit the charger, alternator and oil cooler and then start assembling the pipework. Should be running very soon indeed! :cheers:

not getting the lady name references :scratch: but all good stuff and you must be getting nervous about cranking it over for the first time now Bridgette :D

not getting the lady name references :scratch: but all good stuff and you must be getting nervous about cranking it over for the first time now Bridgette :D

Don't ask about the girl's names. Love the way you decide to join in anyway! :lol:

Well, the timing is as spot on as it's gonna be. I've turned it over by hand and when I did the head I squeezed out the tappets. Theoretically it should fire up first time.... But I doubt it will. :lol:

This is gonna be superb when it's finished 8) Brilliant work, Naomi.

Did you ever get the bonnet resprayed?

This is gonna be superb when it's finished 8) Brilliant work, Naomi.

Did you ever get the bonnet resprayed?

Not yet mate, still need to track down a driver's side wing then I'm gonna get the whole car sprayed. So it'll all be the same colour for the first time in many years no doubt!

I just can't wait to drive the damn thing. :D It'll all be worth it then, I was having to dig deep for motivation today. I really tired myself out with all the lifting and getting on my back under the car. Think most of the crappy jobs are behind me now though.

Looking good Chantelle! (the car that is :lol: )

Have you got any date in mind to have it all completed and getting it out on the road? :D

How many hours have you worked on the car in total?

Looking good Chantelle! (the car that is :lol: )

Have you got any date in mind to have it all completed and getting it out on the road? :D

How many hours have you worked on the car in total?

Well, the mot runs out 9th Feb. Psychologically more than anything else I want it back before then.

How many hours have I spent on it? Couldn't even hazard a guess! Lots! Thing is I've had to learn/teach myself a hell of a lot along the way. If i was gonna do another one I'd get it done a lot quicker. I know a Corrado G60 inside out and back to front now. There's not a single nut, bolt, gasket, seal or screw that I haven't had apart on a G60 at some point. But not only that I've put it all back together again too. :D

I don't want to sound condascending, but you've done bloody well Rebecca. I'm sure it will start first time. You know what these VWs are like :)

Awesome, it's a date. :norty:

Weather permitting my car may even be running tomorrow. We'll see.... Obviously I still need to sort this bumper bracket out but I may have thought of a way to repair the one I have.

Right, last few bits to go back on are soaking in buckets/in the dishwasher being cleaned up. I've got another cam cover that has been partly polished that I just need to finish off that will top the engine off nicely. :D

I have finally managed to source a driver's side wing with no rust on it. It is grey but since I'm planning a paint overhaul that won't be a problem. The oil return thingumy dealey bob arrived from Shaung60 yesterday (cheers for that buddy :salute: ) and I have a power steering pump coming from CTWG60 soon. That just leaves a new rad that I will order when I get around to it. It's all good!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Oh yeah, one last thing I keep forgetting. My engine never had an oil pressure sender. :eek: Anyone got one kicking about?