Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

Bloody Hell that last post of mine was illiterate! I have corrected it! Rob (dirtytorque) stop talking about BBS wheels, it's affecting my concentration!

Well, ahead of the Oxford meet on Saturday and after no small effort with the polish my car is red again. Just wish it stayed this red. Oh well, I'll just have to keep at it until I can afford the respray....

zthgkg.jpg

2qmhvg5.jpg

Mmm fresh. 8) Nowt like a really red rado.

Not sure whether to wash mu car or not. Too worried about rust, dings, scrapes and the fact it will probably rain! :lol:

Lookin good m8! We still gotta get some pics done!! I hav me new wheels on now as well! :D

Cheers mate, yeah sorry I haven't been around much. Been really busy with one thing or another. I'll give you a look soon. :D

Mmm fresh. 8) Nowt like a really red rado.

Not sure whether to wash mu car or not. Too worried about rust, dings, scrapes and the fact it will probably rain! :lol:

There is a bit of rain forecast I think. All the more reason to wash the cr@p off and get a layer of wax on it.

I really really really want to dismantle this car and rebuild it. Like, mega rebuild it. Thinking next year maybe. I just don't know if I'll be able to go that long without driving it though. Maybe I can get another Rado as a daily or something. But then I like the Golf too.... Hmmmm....

Looks lovely Geraldine.

Not again! :lol: This thread is like a dictionary of names now! :lol:

Lucy won't let me take the Rado on holiday so when I come to see you next month I'll be in the Celica rice box. :shock:

Lookin good.

U should put some original bbs shoes on her.

That would look luuurvly.

I want to go that way myself but I have break issues. :(

Lookin good.

U should put some original bbs shoes on her.

That would look luuurvly.

I want to go that way myself but I have break issues. :(

Seconded. I like Red Rados and BBS's. What have you broke now Rob. :D

Looks real good, Helena!

Cheers for the comments guys. :D Yeah, wanna lose the steelies. I've been saying that for a while and never got round to getting some alloys. Some BBS rims would look nice standard or otherwise. Just gonna have to keep my eyes peeled and some money set aside.

The body work on this car is pretty sound and the engine is good too. The charger is in excellent condition especially after the rebuild last December. Just got a bit of a top end rattle at cylinder one or two when you first start it (Darren at G-Werks didn't seem overly concerned by it) but once it's warmed up the rattle goes and it's sweet as anything and pulls really smooth. Just seems like a really solid base for a restoration.

Could you not swap the GiT wheels over to the rado, Irene?

I hate the GTi wheels too! :lol: I wanna get some Sebrings for that at some point.

Looks lovely Geraldine.

Lucy won't let me take the Rado on holiday so when I come to see you next month I'll be in the Celica rice box. :shock:

Is Lucy your alter-ego?

Looks good for a polish dude 8)

Looks lovely Geraldine.

Is Lucy your alter-ego?

Looks good for a polish dude 8)

Lucy is my conscience and my common sense. :lol: And my girlfriend too....

just read this whole thread, nice looking car you have there, mines gone an orangy pink colour since its been sat in the sun soooooooooooooooooo long :cuckoo:

just read this whole thread, nice looking car you have there, mines gone an orangy pink colour since its been sat in the sun soooooooooooooooooo long :cuckoo:

Cheers matey. :D

No two panels on my car are the same shade of red. There's also a bit of a bad respray job on the OSF wing. It's orangepeeltastic. Also lacquer peel around the Corrado badge, a scrape on the sunroof which I'd rather not know how it got there, a bubble of rust on the NSF wing and various other stone chips and dings. Basically I need a body shop!

Well Olive, your common sense doesn't exist.... But I have seen Lucy in real life.

Well Olive, your common sense doesn't exist.... But I have seen Lucy in real life.

:lol: Yes, Lucy is a real person. My common sense on the other hand is questionable....

As much as I love my G60 it ain't right at them moment. Decided after the Oxford meet that I'm gonna take it off the road for the next month or so and give it some attention. I've got to sort the clutch out. It's like trying to squash a unripe mango every time I want to change gear. Pants. And the suspension is finally gonna get changed. I'm also gonna give it a bit of a service.

Wow, I've actually done loads of work on both my cars these last two days. Put a new clutch on the golf yesterday with my mate from work and today I tackled a job I've been meaning to do on the rado for about the last year. When I got the car it had a very, very old Kenwood stereo in it. Should have rung alarm bells when I bought the car really as surely it would have been replaced at some point? It was ancient. After I had the car a little while I thought I'd change it an upon removal I found out why it hadn't been changed before:

104reag.jpg

Obviously this wiring is some relic from a 1993 trip to Billy Bodge's Car Audio Clinic. Upon closer inspection only one speaker was wired up as the wire to the other one had long since disappeared into the center console. Boy, was it fun getting that out....

Anyway, after some electrical tape, loads of those male-female electrical connection dealy bobs, cable ties and a few choice swear words I now have a fully functioning stereo! :cheers:

2822au8.jpg

And it's an Alpine with orangey red buttons to go in my orangey red G60! :cheers:

Now, to raise some money for the rest of the stuff I have planned....

Good work mate, i hate when people chop wiring looms about. Mine was the same. First thing i did to mine because it just really annoyed me. I love Red :D