Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

Good work mate, i hate when people chop wiring looms about. Mine was the same. First thing i did to mine because it just really annoyed me. I love Red :D

I was pretty chuffed to come across an Alpine with red buttons. :D I love Alpine stereos. I've had them in all my cars. Just wish it had a USB port for my iPhone.

Ah, sweet. Top work dude, Alpen kick arse. For future reference if you take out the passenger tray and side panel in the footwell then you can haul the loom out and work on it without having to stick your fingers thru a slot. :norty: Its a bit more work to actually get to the bugger but makes it ultimately easier. It also means you can pull the loom down when you put the stereo in...no more bundles of wires!

Why do people butcher the damn headunit wiring loom for the sake of a few quid for an adaptor loom from Halfords? It drives me mad!!

Ah, sweet. Top work dude, Alpen kick arse. For future reference if you take out the passenger tray and side panel in the footwell then you can haul the loom out and work on it without having to stick your fingers thru a slot. :norty: Its a bit more work to actually get to the bugger but makes it ultimately easier. It also means you can pull the loom down when you put the stereo in...no more bundles of wires!

Cheers for that Jim, didn't realise you could do that. The connections were so schitt I was worried the whole thing was just gonna fall apart and I was gonna lose loads of other wires in the console.

Why do people butcher the damn headunit wiring loom for the sake of a few quid for an adaptor loom from Halfords? It drives me mad!!

Tell me about it Jim. Lost count of how many supposedly 15 minute jobs I've done on cars in my time that have turned into 2 hour jobs due to the incompetence of previous owners.

That looks just like the wiring I found in mine. Stuck an alpine in too, good choice

That looks just like the wiring I found in mine. Stuck an alpine in too, good choice

Alright matey! How you getting on with the valver? You gonna be at the northgate meet next month?

Finally fitted the Weitec suspension I bought off 3corsameal about a year ago! :roll: :lol:

Some pics:

The organised chaos that is my garage on a Sunday morning when I'm working on my car....

72bs5g.jpg

Fronts done. Not sure if the ride height is all that different.

34e216e.jpg

Old shocks looking very sorry for themselves.

6rhus3.jpg

I now have the same problem 3corsameal had, it's a little higher at the back....

30c7pkz.jpg

Doesn't bother me that much. If I get fed up with it I can always take them off and adjust them.

Haven't had a chance to drive it yet as I also drained the engine of its vital fluids whilst it was in the air. Gonna shell out on some fancy ass oil this time. :D

yours was already pretty low at the front when i saw it, that about how mine was, but i didn't like it.

did you know you can adjust the lower spring plate on the rear, theres a circlip under it. i only found out when i got round to taking them off :nuts:

yours was already pretty low at the front when i saw it, that about how mine was, but i didn't like it.

did you know you can adjust the lower spring plate on the rear, theres a circlip under it. i only found out when i got round to taking them off :nuts:

Yeah, I toyed with the idea of adjusting them before I put them on. But thought I better not in case I ended up with them lower at the back than at the front. That I would be able to tolerate for all of 5 seconds. Taller at the back doesn't bother me so much. I wasn't sure what difference it would make as you have a heavier engine than me....

I think you need to come down about 10 mm on the back Joe, the difference is just too much. Its really simple to do and you'll still have the slope going on.

And is it me or does the camber look out at the back?

:(

2gvswg4.jpg

Charger?

Yep. Dead. :(

What`s that ? and can you fix it ?

That is what a G-Lader spits out when it's oil seals are f*cked. Basically it needs to be rebuilt. Again. Only six months since the last rebuild. :(

Not good- really sorry to see that- must be soooo frustrating! Surely you've got some come-back on this if it was only 6 months ago?

Not good- really sorry to see that- must be soooo frustrating! Surely you've got some come-back on this if it was only 6 months ago?

It is well annoying mate! I'm selling my golf at the moment so was just servicing the G60 and fitting the new suspension as I was going to have to start using it daily. So I drained the oil yesterday and went to change the oil filter tonight before filling her up again. I needed to give myself a bit more room to access the oil filter so removed the charger outlet and this is what I found.... :( All the boost pipes are full of oil too.

Only 6 months :shock: who rebuilt it??

Fortunately the charger rebuild came with a 12 month warranty. I'm not gonna name names but most of you know who did it anyway. Haven't got any beef with them as these things happen and I'm confident they will sort it out.

Biggest problem is as I'm selling the Golf which ends on Friday and the G60 is dead I'm gonna be without a car come next weekend.

also... as CCGB Merchandise Manager,what's your role?

Do you supply the class A's ?

:lol:

Sorry u gotta larf mate.

Looks like I might have to start doing that to fund all the repairs on my damn car! :lol:

that's dead unlucky pal - sorry to hear this.

i'm surprisedd considering who did the rebuild as well - like you said, these thing just happen.

i guess it must have only just happened....

(i'm guessing you haven't noticed any blue smoke from your car before now anyway!....)

Mate, you can run the G60 without the charger...

wouldn't the car massively over-fuel like that; or does the fuelling map monitor the MAP and adjust accordingly?

Mate, you can run the G60 without the charger...

true true.

Although it will just be a biggish car with a small engine with feck all compression with the charger.

I guess it gets you out of dodge for a while.

Or you could just end the auction early??!?

Probably what i'd do..

It fuels for MAP so it will be ok'ish.

unlucky, i remember you saying it was quite new when you picked up the suspension.

my car always seems to break just after i've done something to it :confused4:

i guess it must have only just happened....

(i'm guessing you haven't noticed any blue smoke from your car before now anyway!....)

Haven't noticed any smoke nor any major loss of oil and it just did the journey to the National Day and back. Lucky I found out it was knackered whilst it was sat in my garage and not when I was bombing down the A14!

unlucky, i remember you saying it was quite new when you picked up the suspension.

my car always seems to break just after i've done something to it :confused4:

Was only yesterday discussing some new wheels and a paint job.... How gutted would I have been if I found this after I'd shelled out on those two things?!

I don't know if I could bring myself to run it without the charger. I think that would just depress me more than is necessary. I may be able to pull in some favours regarding the car situation. I'm sure I'll be alright. Already had a couple of offers.