Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

new wheels and paint job then :D :lol:

Yep. :grin: :clap:

Shhhhh, don't say that too loud :lol:

Glad it was a false alarm dude! 8)

Mic you know I love the Mincing machine!

Mic IS the Mincing machine :fondle:

Just ordered some new flanges from v-dub (one has sprung a leak) and will pick up some coolant. Already got a VW oil filter and some mega expensive oil.

Just need to adjust the rear suspension to make it a bit lower, satisfy myself further that it's not about to give up on life and then it's new wheels and new paint time. :cheers:

You gonna go for a full respray then, Joe? Who you gonna get to do the paint?

You're just jealous that not only have I got a manly car but I'm also incredibly handsome! :p

*cough* Chains/tensioners/clutches *cough* :epicfail:

Indeedy, could show you the bill i just had from DG but then most of it was my cosmetic suggestions :lol: lets just say maybe 2 new chargers and lots of change :lol: But hey its flippin marvellous :grin:

You gonna go for a full respray then, Joe? Who you gonna get to do the paint?

Not entirely sure yet. See what I can get away with once I've had a proffesional opinion. I'm gonna take it to Carrera Body Works in Nowton. 8)

I'm actually reluctant to go full glass out and everything. You know, just in case....

You're just jealous that not only have I got a manly car but I'm also incredibly handsome! :p

Are you trying to convince Stu of your attractiveness? I'm not entirely sure he needs convincing. Toad definately doesn't. I think he likes you! :norty: :lol:

*cough* Chains/tensioners/clutches *cough* :epicfail:

Indeedy, could show you the bill i just had from DG but then most of it was my cosmetic suggestions :lol: lets just say maybe 2 new chargers and lots of change :lol: But hey its flippin marvellous :grin:

Man, 2 new chargers. That gives me an idea actually.... :lol:

Not sure I need to convince anyone, I believe my handsomeness is merely undeniable fact! :dorky:

Not sure I need to convince anyone, I believe my handsomeness is merely undeniable fact! :dorky:

Mine is too. My Mum says so. :grin:

Mine is too. My Mum says so. :grin:

Funny that, Mics mum said that of me as well! (dashes out before the "Mincer" gets me and slaps my legs)

Not entirely sure yet. See what I can get away with once I've had a proffesional opinion. I'm gonna take it to Carrera Body Works in Nowton. 8)

You seen their work before? Carleena wanted to know what a respray on her Golf (and one for Gooney) and I'd be interested to know their costs. Who does that kind of work for your company?

I think you need a Wikipedia page then, as everything on there is fact too! :wink:

Funny that, Mics mum said that of me as well! (dashes out before the "Mincer" gets me and slaps my legs)

Damn it! My mum said she wasn't going to do that anymore! :(

You seen their work before? Carleena wanted to know what a respray on her Golf (and one for Gooney) and I'd be interested to know their costs. Who does that kind of work for your company?

My company uses Marshalls down the road from us. They do a good job but I've heard Carrera are absolutely blinding. Everyone I know who knows about these things has recommended them so I'm planning on taking her down there when she's back on the road. Although I haven't seen their work first hand yet so we'll see.

I'll let you know how much they charge etc. :D

Damn it! My mum said she wasn't going to do that anymore! :(

That's Mic scarred for life. :lol:

Ok, I'm officially an idiot. The grey stuff is a mix of the oil and PTFE lube used in the rebuild process and is normal. :nuts: :oops: :epicfail:

:camp:

Ok, I'm officially an idiot. The grey stuff is a mix of the oil and PTFE lube used in the rebuild process and is normal. :nuts: :oops: :epicfail:

:camp:

Well, as has been said, G60 owner paranoia.... :camp:

:dance: :clap: Phew!!!!! Muppet! :lol:

:lol: I know man. :roll: What a pen15.

Anyway, quite pleased with my progress this evening. Got myself covered in oil and coolant but that's what it's all about. :D

Think I had a slight water leak rather longer than I had anticipated and it just decided to turn into a torrent the other day.

This is what we call in the trade a f*cked flange. :norty: :lol:

2rrvrj4.jpg

Think it might be worth just giving this a little clean....

2chn9d4.jpg

Anyway all I have to do now is clean things up and rebuild/refill everything. :cheers:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

great to hear this - bet you're so pleased to have that weight off your shoudlers!

Too right matey. Wish I didn't have to go to work today so I could stay at home and get it finished!

Jesus H - has that thing EVER been changed?!

Worryingly enough yes it has. Haven't got it to hand but in the history there is a receipt for new hoses and flanges. :shock:

I'm quite taken with these. Always thought Rados look quite good on 5 spokes. Looks like they're only available in 15" and 17". Ideally I'd probably want 16s! :lol:

5505z4.jpg

Must admit mate, not really much to my liking..... but then it's not my car! :lol:

Nice flange you've got there :wink:

I'm waiting on some quotes for the paintwork before commiting to the wheels but these are my favourite so far. 8) Was planning on some BBS but these just caught my eye. They have the right blend of simplicity and detail for me.

Thanks for the comment about my flange. You should see my shiny new one! :norty: