Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

Not digging those wheels personally. Speedline Comp2's would look excellent on your motor - photoshopped a set onto my red rado and thought they looked great!

Have you still got the pic?

Yep :)

http://upload.the-corrado.net/files/107 ... p2%27s.jpg

You're so not wrong about those wheels, they look lovely on a red Corrado (note to self; buy some Comp2's) 8)

i hate slow leaking flanges :( either leak fast or dont leak at all - BAD flange! - btw not a lover of the wheels - but i get the feeling they will look good once on

That is rather sexual Jim. I had a look at some white ones yesterday. Not sure if I'd put white ones on my car but they looked so smart. They're just way over budget this time round. And the chances of second hand 4x100s coming up are pretty slim I reckon.

but i get the feeling they will look good once on

I agree, I reckon once they were on my car they'd look good. :cheers: If I'd just bought them and posted pictures up after I'd fitted them some of you guys would be feeling them a lot more I'm willing to bet.

What you need is a 5 stud conversion and some TH Monos. I coincidentally know of a set that are just lying around, waiting for their owner to decide what to do with them. :wink:

Yes, quite a few people seem to think the best choice of wheels just happen to be the spare set they have laying around. :lol:

I don't want to go five stud anyway. VR6s are five stud, not G60s. :p

I dunno? Comp2's are £575 without tyres. Fairly steep I suppose but virtually any reasonable quality 16's are going to cost that to be honest with you!

I dunno? Comp2's are £575 without tyres. Fairly steep I suppose but virtually any reasonable quality 16's are going to cost that to be honest with you!

True, I'm not saying they're not worth it just that I can't afford them at the moment. :(

At a bit of a loss about what to do with my G60 at the moment. Completely run out of steam. I start my new job on Monday and will be getting a company car so have flogged the goof which went to its new owner a couple of days ago. The Corrado has suffered a catastrophic water leak from that flange that I replaced. I just can't get it to seal and have lost enthusiasm. Sounds a bit drastic but I'd love to replace the cylinder head.... Other than that it's SORNed (no point in taxing it if it's dumping its coolant faster than I can top it up) and sat in my garage looking sorry for itself. Guess I've just had too much other stuff to think about.

If I'm honest I've done my damnest to keep the thing on the road this last year and a half without forking out major whack but it's starting to beat me now. Time for the restoration I think. But where to start? :(

Throw a pic of the flange and the end of the head up....

Ok mate, I'll have to get a pic up tomorrow of how it is now but you can see a few pages back what it was like when I got the old one off. Not sure if it's my fault, may have been a little harsh with the wire brush? :shrug:

I doubt a wire brush would actually damage it that much. More thinking that the head has corroded really badly, or more material wants taking off... If it is pitted, then a skim of chemical metal ought to help.

Throw a pic of the flange and the end of the head up....

Ok mate, I'll have to get a pic up tomorrow of how it is now but you can see a few pages back what it was like when I got the old one off. Not sure if it's my fault, may have been a little harsh with the wire brush? :shrug:

just throw some gasket sealnt on that bad boy and stop being :camp:. :lol:

Serioulsy i went thru the same thing very recently,and after i stopped moping and whinging I just put gasket sealant on it.

I know you shouldn't need to but it worked and I moved on.

I am going to be a salesman at Northgate VW. 8) I'm made up mate. Can't wait! :D Probably part of the problem with the Rado though. Finding it difficult to concentrate on anything else. :lol:

Nice one mate, so the cheap parts are on you then eh?!

:lol: How many times have I been asked that in the last week? Can't wait to see what car I get. Probably can safely say it ain't gonna be a rocco or a mk6 GTi though.... But at least I'll get to drive them on a regular basis. 8)

I suspect a fox or polo mate. I happen to know the branch accountants for Vindis and even they only get Golf GTTDi's and stuff. But I'm sure you'll be working your way up in double quick time, plus it'll take all the strain of you used he G60. Strip down and rebuild time eh? :wink:

Strip down and rebuild time eh? :wink:

I think we're getting to that point mate. Got to have the will power to just get on with it. I always struggle because I reach a point where I just want to drive it....

I suspect a fox or polo mate. I happen to know the branch accountants for Vindis and even they only get Golf GTTDi's and stuff.

Dealerships tend not to have too much big stuff registered for "benefit in kind" reasons. There is a rocco but the business manager uses it.

You've just got to bite the bullet mate. I've finally started sorting a time scale and buying more parts for my 24vT conversion..... it's just a case of jumping in.

At least you know there is a few of us in the area to help you out when you need it? :salute:

I suspect a fox or polo mate. I happen to know the branch accountants for Vindis and even they only get Golf GTTDi's and stuff.

Dealerships tend not to have too much big stuff registered for "benefit in kind" reasons. There is a rocco but the business manager uses it.

Benefits in Kind..... sounds like a tax fiddle to me! :lol:

At least you know there is a few of us in the area to help you out when you need it? :salute:

Yes matey, I just hope you don't regret saying that one day! :lol:

Same here though, I know very little about 24v turbo conversions but if you need a spare pair of hands give me a shout. :D I can hold some mole grips or something. :lol:

Benefits in Kind..... sounds like a tax fiddle to me! :lol:

It's not a fiddle, it's more of an evasion.... No wait, that's not the right word either.... Um, we'll leave that there I think.... :lol: