Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

forget about the raddo for a few months or untill next year,carry on with your new job etc.....then you will get back regain that lost enthusiasm when the time is right :wink:

That what i do all the time ! :lol:

You're right buddy. Just went out to it to open the bonnet to get a picture of the leak and it's dead. Battery is flat so the remote locking won't work but none of the five keys I have unlock either of the doors so I'm going to have climb in through the boot. :lol: again. That's another problem, battery dies in no time. Thought it was the stereo I'd put in but I've disconnected that and it still goes flat.

Gonna leave it for a bit and get a list of all the things I want to do and save up. At least I'm not thinking of selling it. Learned that lesson from my last g60. :lol:

How new is the battery?

Check that the boot light isn't staying on when you close it.

Does it have an alarm?

How long has it been sat not being driven?

You need to retumble your looks, so you only need one key!! I suggest you use the boot lock key as the master :)

The battery is pretty new. Have checked all the interior lights. Pretty sure it's something to do with the ancient alarm that it has. The one that I have the fitting certificate from 1992 or whatever it is. The battery will go flat in about 3 days from full charge if the car is not used.

Yeah I need to retumble the locks. Fortunately the key that unlocks the boot is the same as the ignition so all I need to worry about is matching the door handles up to that key like you say. Think my car has been through quite a few different door handles in its time judging by the amount of keys I have! :lol:

Hey - just saw you got the job mate - well done!!!

Nice to see people doing well in the current climate and working for VW seems to be the way forward at the moment...

I was in Wolsey last week to test drive the GTi and they are selling loads at the moment, especially Golfs and Sciroccos!

VW seem to be doing alright compared to some. And I'm glad the rocco is selling well. It's one those brands that will always be busy because their cars are awesome. 8) Hyundai are doing really well on the scrappage scheme. Too well. They ran out of cars about a month ago. There's a 3 month wait on the i10 and i20! :lol: You don't hear that on the news.... :roll:

I can't wait to drive the mk6. I really really loved the mk5 and I want to compare them. Some people are saying there isn't a great deal of difference but you never know until you drive them for yourself.

But what I really can't wait for is the Scirocco R. :luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove:

On purpose of course. :D finally I've got moving on what I have been wanting to do to this car since I got it. Not sure how far I'm gonna go with it yet as I haven't really planned anything. I just thought I'd indiscriminately start taking bits off it today. :lol:

f3uohl.jpg

2cz5zcw.jpg

Corrado G60 expansion tank. Slightly discoloured, mildly f*cked. Otherwise fine. Free to good home.

24drghy.jpg

14d36kn.jpg

2mqonxf.jpg

9hv2pv.jpg

At least there's no rust....

14w8sxu.jpg

Not sure this is as clean as it could be....

5lx69v.jpg

es9jt3.jpg

id9ele.jpg

71o7ea.jpg

xdf6tz.jpg

Will be doing some more destruction on Sunday. :D

nice one, no turning back now :D just a bit of a tidy up, or a full rebuild on the cards then?

never realised how small the g60 intercoolers were - tiny!

Not too sure yet. The engine is for the most part pretty sound but the sump gasket needs replacing and I would like a new clutch in the there so might just bite the bullet and rip the whole lot out. The head will come off at the very least though. I'd quite like a new head gasket and hopefully I will get that flange to seal, also it has a bit of a top end rattle when you first start it up. Need to replace the slave and master cylinders. They were apparently done not so long ago but I'm not convinced they are functioning as they should. I may replace the gear box as mine has seen better days.

The drive shafts are pretty nasty but haven't been advised on any MOTs yet. Which surprises me to be frank.

Other than that just a good tidy up to get rid of 18 years worth of grime that is coating everything. Then I will sort the paintwork out.

Gonna make a start on the interior soon too. It needs a new heater matrix and I want to sort the stereo loom out properly. The only speakers that currently work are the cr@p ones in the parcel shelf.

I need to retumble my locks.

There's loads of other stuff too that needs sorting out along the way but at least I've finally made a start on it now!!!!

Good work fella!, doing similar clean-up get rid of all the rusty shitty bits in the engine bay type thing myself, managed to spend another £120 today on new hoses, clips, etc....etc.

Will do all this and then buy a VR!!!!.

You will have a really nice car there when completed. 8)

Rich

Cheers dude. It's a pretty good base really. Going to take it slow and just work on it over the next six months or so. Mostly because I haven't got a mountain of money to throw at it at the moment. Obviously I'm going to take full advantage of the fact that I now work at a VW dealership. :D :D :D

Nice work Bethan.

:)

Interesting to see that overspray on the rad support panel... What was painted before you got your lovely little soft paws on it?

Interesting to see that overspray on the rad support panel...

Didn't even notice that......

To be fair Margaret, he's got a point!

Interesting to see that overspray on the rad support panel...

Didn't even notice that......

To be fair Margaret, he's got a point!

I'm not sure. Looks like the wings have had paint at some point and possibly the bumper looking at that overspray. The bonnet definitely has never had paint.... :lol:

Whether it was in a front end impact I'm not sure. I've trawled through the history on the VW dialog system and there is nothing mentioned on there. Maybe someone just wanted to get rid of some stone chips or something? :confused4:

Well done for getting a position at a VW site - which one - most of them in your area have been clients over the last few years

Ask them if you can take responsibility for Chrysalis leads - no one else over there is interested and they are probably your best sales prospects ever - one of the sites I work with is converting 60% + of opportunities into sales.

Did some training with them a couple of months ago and only the BM at Bury is doing anything positive - he's a good bloke

this looks good fun. are you going to upgrade any parts or just replace with standard and make nice?

It is fun mate! :D Very therapeutic. I can wholeheartedly recommend it. Really got the bug for it now. Just thinking how great it will be to have a sorted Rado. 8) If such a thing exists.... :lol:

Basically I'm just going to price bits up and buy whatever I can be bothered to spend money on. As I said I haven't saved up or anything so just going to be buying bits and pieces here and there.

Little update from this evening. I'm pretty addicted to this project now.

Front discs and pads are off....

npicrb.jpg

And look at my lovely drive shaft. :lol: Gonna get those wish bones off tomorrow probably.

Who reckons my charger oil feed is not as oil tight as it could be?

2jdic8n.jpg

It is exceptionally rusty.

Did anyone ever try snorkling in it? Or water skiing?

Goodnight Kirsty....

It's pretty sh!t isn't it. Thinking I may go down the donor car route if I find one cheap enough. There are loads of pretty serious bits that just need to go in the skip. If my rust is the worst you've ever seen then chances are any donor car I get will be in better nick? :lol: Obviously most bits I'll get new depending on if they're actually still available....

Is it worth cleaning those hubs up and giving them a coat of paint?